PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88
Change Rom Version

Well, I am working on building my own Custom ROM. My question is (when I get to that point), How do I go about changing the Rom Version name and the Rom Date?

I have tried to google it but with no luck yet. Any help at all on how to go about doing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Change Rom Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
Well, I am working on building my own Custom ROM. My question is (when I get to that point), How do I go about changing the Rom Version name and the Rom Date?

I have tried to google it but with no luck yet. Any help at all on how to go about doing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
It all depends on which kitchen you are using, there are several out there..........

Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Change Rom Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post

ROM Version is comprised of two items; the XIP and the SYS.

The XIP version is driven out of the file "d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm" which you would find in the XIP package "MSXIPKernelLTK".

The SYS version is driven out of the file "d0b41563-b345-4444-aa15-986e7c7fff99.dsm" which you would find in the SYS package "OS".

ROM date comes from NK.EXE, specifically the S000 portion of the NK.EXE module. You can find the date by searching (hex editor) for Dec.Nov.Oct.Sep. Three lines, four month abbreviations per line, preceed the date for the ROM.

There are some things that you can do to tailor the rom version and aku, without cooking ... very limited, but it's something.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=639044

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2