PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

Rubiscon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No taskbar on NIB TP2 from Sprint

I just received a NIB TP2 from Sprint as a replacement for my TP whose keyboard died (btw, they informed me that all dead TP's are now being replaced with TP2's, as of last Friday).

I get the phone, go home, charge it up the rest of the way and check things out. I notice there is no taskbar in the top right corner.

I try opening multiple apps; it doesn't appear.

I soft reset. Doesn't appear.

I hard reset. Doesn't appear.

I reflash (using HTC's stock). Doesn't appear.

It's befuddling. Anyone have any ideas? Am I overlooking something obvious?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: No taskbar on NIB TP2 from Sprint

you mean task manager, not taskbar.

taskbar- all your icons
task manager- manages running programs..

its not included..

heres quite a few to try out

original/jd task mngr- some users report longer load times using this on

arcswitch - more common now, set it up anywhere on your taskbar you want..ill include the "dusk" skin for it too

dotfred- tucked away inside the sashimi folders, simple .exe(no install needed) shows every running thing imaginable
Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Rubiscon is a n00b

Oh.. sorry about that. Ok.

Wow! How did they expect people to switch between programs? Ughh. Good grief, holy oversight Batman.

Thanks for the heads-up b&t'd. I just saw all of these vids on youtube with people who have apparently already fixed it. It even appears in the upper RH corner of the pic right on the HTC support [site](http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-pro2-sprint/help/). Oh well. Haha.

Thanks for providing the links! I'll definitely get one of those up and running.

-- edit: Just saw HTC is calling it the "quick menu"

"How do I switch between running programs? close
The Quick Menu, located at the top right corner of the Today screen, lists all currently running programs. Tap the Quick Menu to switch between running programs or to stop programs when you don't need them."

Last edited by Rubiscon; 07-14-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

no prob..

like i said for jd's/original, people are reporting sometimes 20-30 more seconds of load time.. sense will load, then you have to wait till you see the task manager icon, then your phone will let you use it...

id say that Arcswitch is maybe a little more used now-a-days
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

if its stock 6.1 shouldnt you be able to go to start > settings > system tab > task manager > button tab > check "Enable Quick Menu on Today screen"

sometimes you have to do a soft reset for it to appear after you turn it on.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

id just assign the task manager to the long press send key.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try this, it is a long press end key replacement. it adds a link to taskmanager and ads a couple useful apps like RAM Sweeper.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125628
Old 07-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Rubiscon is a n00b

The phone is running 6.5. I tried a few of the options and the one that I liked the best was the plain arcswitch. I think it could be improved by building in an automatic "switch-to" feature by simply selecting a program, like it used to be in the built in taskmanager on the Touch Pro, but it can be done through the menu so it'll work. I'm so used to touching up in the top right corner to pull it up, I felt it would be easiest. Plus I already have assigned by long key press to something else I use alot.

Thanks for all of the help.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

you can assign arcswitch to any part of the taskbar you want in the settings... problem youll run into if you set it to the top right corner is itll override X buttons later on when things are open.. arcswitch works from any screen, not just the home screen.. mines set just left of center, no icons will ever hit there and its still far enough away from Start button

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2