PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb
audio jack stuck, software overide?

Hi folks,
I used to have this issue with my diamond and back with my I-mate Jam, but when pulling the jack plug out and no phone sound occured, some wiggling of the plug in the socket used to do the trick.
With my TP2, this is the first time it's happened and no ammount of wiggling will bring the phone speakers back to life.
Plug in the headphones and all is fine through them.
when using media player, the earphone symbol shows when the jack is inserted and diapears when removed, but no speaker sound. So...

Is there a way to force the speakers back on, regardless of the condition the hardware is reading from the audio jack socket?

I have my TP2 just how I want it and I don't want to have to flash it back to stock to have some clueless numpty at the Sprint store look at it and tell me I need to send it in for repair.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: audio jack stuck, software overide?

I searched these forums like crazy for a solution to this when the same thing happened to mine. My jack would work sometimes, get stuck others. I ended up sending it back to Verizon and they sent me a refurb. Now I've got to send this refurb back because the GPS has gone out in it. I use that function A LOT. Sucks

Sorry for you're issue but I'd send it back if you've got a warranty still.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Not sure If I have a waranty or not, had the TP2 about 6 months, but unlocked and flased roms from day 1, so may be an extreme pain to put it back.

Software force to on would be better than dealing with Sprint.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

nutter218 is a n00b

I was running stock when I had this issue. I hard resetted it back to stock and it would have the same effect.

Instead of bringing it into a Sprint Store (Which I can't due to a hairline crack on my screen), I 'jimmied' an openned (or flattened) paper clip along the walls of the jack and it 'detected' that the 'headphones' had been disconnected and reactivated the phone speakers.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

soft reset with no headphones in and it will reset it if it is a software problem.
If this does not work, it is probably a hardware problem that you cannot fix.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
soft reset with no headphones in and it will reset it if it is a software problem.
If this does not work, it is probably a hardware problem that you cannot fix.
+1 this is kinda common
Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

For kicks, see what you can fiddle within your registry under
HKLM/System/State/Hardware
You may be able to enable/disable your headset, speakers, etc.
Im not sure if it will accept the changes if there is stuck/shorted hardware though, but it may be worth a look..

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter218 View Post
I 'jimmied' an openned (or flattened) paper clip along the walls of the jack and it 'detected' that the 'headphones' had been disconnected and reactivated the phone speakers.
My headphones got stuck once on my Sprint TP2. Tired hard resets and soft resets with no luck. I actually stuck my stylus in and wiggled it around and it worked. I haven't had the problem again. Good Luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2