PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 screen stopped working, need to "slide to unlock" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128468)

abdeviation 07-12-2010 11:24 PM

TP2 screen stopped working, need to "slide to unlock"

So my TP2 screen stopped working. I'm 100% sure it's a hardware issue.

Unfortunately I had the windows 6.5(energy rom) unlock thing turned on so now the first thing it does when I soft reset it is it goes to the lock screen. I need to slide to unlock it but since the screen is not responding to touch, I can't get it to unlock.

I want to get into the phone so I can at least backup a few things using the keyboard before I take it to the store...any ideas on how I can get past the lock screen using the keyboard only?

Thanks

jamio88 07-12-2010 11:45 PM

Re: TP2 screen stopped working, need to "slide to unlock"

I am not sure how to get past that, however:

When you take your Rhodium to the Sprint store, MAKE SURE you reflash to the STOCK ROM. If they see you have a Cooked ROM on your Rhodium they will tell you tough **** (they will say you broke it while flashing).

Just a friendly heads up on that issue, sorry I could not help with the S2U issue.

abdeviation 07-13-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamio88 (Post 1862948)
I am not sure how to get past that, however:

When you take your Rhodium to the Sprint store, MAKE SURE you reflash to the STOCK ROM. If they see you have a Cooked ROM on your Rhodium they will tell you tough **** (they will say you broke it while flashing).

Just a friendly heads up on that issue, sorry I could not help with the S2U issue.

That's a good reminder.

abdeviation 07-13-2010 12:46 AM

Okay, I thought I'd give mymobiler a spin. However, when I connect the phone to my comp. active sync on my comp says "You device is currently locked...please authenticate on device.

I wish it gave me a password entry screen so I could input it using the keyboard but it still has the default lock screen from 6.5. I have to slide the damn thing on the screen before it'll take me to the pin password screen :(

xjack 07-13-2010 08:44 AM

I'm not familiar with any special Energy ROM settings as I use Mighty.

However, here's a couple things to try to get past default lock.

1 - Take out the stylus from the lock screen which should unlock.

2 - Hold the top button for a few seconds from lock screen.

boredandtattooed 07-13-2010 09:40 AM

yikes.. kinda ironic in a way.. used to be everyone hated how sliding up the keyboard would unlock our devices.. im guessing NRGY has it cooked in to not unlock when keyboard slides open...

your a victim of a good tweak at the wrong time

aiiee 07-13-2010 10:32 AM

I hope hindsight will be 20/20 for you OP

abdeviation 07-14-2010 04:15 AM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Took it to a third party Sprint authorized repair center. Didnt have insurance on it or anything, the guy offered to replace the LCD and said it'll be "$50 bucks or something". I took the deal.

I'm pretty happy though but out of curiousity, was that a good deal?

billyapd21 07-14-2010 09:33 AM

I think that's a good deal. I think they go on ebay for about $100 and you have to install them yourself. In my opinion you got a steal for a new screen installed.

billyapd21 07-14-2010 09:35 AM

I would have also suggested to slide open you keyboard. I am also running the energy rom and everytime I slid ipen the keyboard the screen would turn on the and the lock screen would unlock. I actually installed a registry edit to turn off this behavior. Glad to hear you got your phone fixed.