PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

studrick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon TP2 to TMobile??

OK, I am totally confusing the heck out of myself. I have a TP2 bought from Verizon on the Verizon network. I have been using MightROM's ROM's for some time and like his setups. Well, I am now moving this to TMobile.

I have already unlocked the SIM and obviously HardSPL because I am running a cooked MightyROM. I was actually moving this phone back to an older MightyROM with the Sense 2.1 on it, which is date 02/10/2010. It was supposedly his last cook of Sense 2.1.

So anyways, I wipe it using Flash29, load the above MightyROM, and it detects and connects to the TMobile network which allows calls and texts.

Now the issue I don't know is do I need to do anything else at all. I am going to get internet services on this phone, so is there anything I need to do there?

I also know that was the last ROM of MightyROM that had the Carrier Provision tool, but I do not see TMobile listed. Do I select any or just don't mess with that?

Just basically want this phone to have all services and be able to type correctly with the keyboard layout being correct, and the voicemail number being programmed correctly. Please help me with a simple instruction layout of moving this Verizon TP2 to the Tmobile network (again it is already HardSPL'd and SIM unlocked), hopefully loading MightyROM's a bit older 2.1 Sense ROM, and do I need to provision for TMobile or anything.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

stevey5036 is keeping up the good workstevey5036 is keeping up the good work
Re: Verizon TP2 to TMobile??

MightyROM is made for CDMA operation, it does not focus on GSM operation, you most likely will not get all functionality that you are looking for.

Please post on the correct forum next time, this one is for ROM upgrades.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

studrick is a n00b

Well that's what I am confused about the more and more reading, the more I am confused. This is a CDMA Verizon phone, yes, but what do you do if you want to move it to TMobile??? I mean MightyROM talks about TMobile for his ROM's, right??? He has carrier instructions on his new ROM's about getting MMS to work. I just don't know enough I guess, as I though a GSM and CDMA phone was actual different hardware. I figured since this was a Verizon phone just being used on TMobile, then I would use a CDMA flash.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studrick View Post
Well that's what I am confused about the more and more reading, the more I am confused. This is a CDMA Verizon phone, yes, but what do you do if you want to move it to TMobile??? I mean MightyROM talks about TMobile for his ROM's, right??? He has carrier instructions on his new ROM's about getting MMS to work. I just don't know enough I guess, as I though a GSM and CDMA phone was actual different hardware. I figured since this was a Verizon phone just being used on TMobile, then I would use a CDMA flash.
The carrier instructions for getting things to work only apply to CDMA networks. Honestly you cannot just simply move it over to Tmobile and have it work like it is supposed to. You're better off getting a legitmate GSM phone.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

studrick is a n00b

Oh really. That's what I didn't know. Will loading one of those GSM ROM's on this phone brick it or will it make it work?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studrick View Post
Oh really. That's what I didn't know. Will loading one of those GSM ROM's on this phone brick it or will it make it work?
It will brick.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Touch Pro 2 Discussion. The Upgrades Forum is only to release a ROM, Radio or Kitchen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2