PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

inayat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Purge old Text Txt / SMS Messages?

Is there any easy / free way to purge old SMS / Text messages?

I'm not looking for anything fancy. I would be thrilled to just delete them all, completely flush out the database on a regular basis to prevent sluggishness.

Currently, they only really get purged whenever I decide to install a new ROM posted in the upgrade section. However, even though I use Sashimi, there are still some manual customizations that I just don't feel like doing every week. Hence, an easy way to purge the SMS database without hard reseting or installing a new ROM would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Purge old Text Txt / SMS Messages?

I use a program that backs them up to e-mail, and it delete's them all after I back them up

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702390

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

inayat is a n00b

Thank you.

Honestly, I don't care much about backing them up though. Is there not a simpler way to just purge the database?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

neodarksaver is just getting started

I use microsoft myphone. and i go to website to purge(or archive) once every few days.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just take a minute or two every couple of days and select all of them and delete? I personally use Ms myphone and you can go in and click whichever ones you want to delete or archive ones you want to keep, but IMO, unless I'm missing something (it is early so I'm a little slow right now...) I would just recommend going in, selecting all if you want to delete all, and just delete them from inbox and sent and deleted.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

if u just want them mass deleted and NOT backed-up why not just hit menu>tools>clear sms.. then do menu>tools>empty deleted items..

no more texts anywhere in your device.. takes seconds
Old 07-10-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint:MotoQ9c)

+1 for bored's idea.

+

= <3
Old 07-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

inayat is a n00b

Thanks to everyone for the ideas.

boredandtattooed,

Thanks especially, this is exactly the simple solution I was looking for. I didn't know this option existed, hence my post. Thanks again!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by inayat View Post

boredandtattooed,

Thanks especially, this is exactly the simple solution I was looking for. I didn't know this option existed, hence my post. Thanks again!
no worries mate, enjoi!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inayat View Post

boredandtattooed,

hit 'Thanks' on his/their posts then!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2