PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88
SO glad I went with WM

After playing around with my brothers Hero, I am so glad I went with Windows Mobile (Did not try his Hero till after I bought my Rhodium).

After loading the same video on his phone and mine, the Rhodiums screen blows the hero away, it does not even compare (Seriously, it was like comparing the Iphone to a real smart phone)

I also love our Custom Roms and how easy they are to install, For example:

the fact that I can flash Roms right from the Phone (Without the use of a PC). From what I have been told, you pretty much need a computer of some sort in order to be able to do anything with an Android.

I really hope that Windows Phone 7 does not drop the ball though, If they do I don't know what I will do for a cell phone....

....as I am sure after a year or two of WP7 being out the support for Windows Mobile will cease to exist. (cries into Rhodium)
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: SO glad I went with WM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
After playing around with my brothers Hero, I am so glad I went with Windows Mobile (Did not try his Hero till after I bought my Rhodium).

After loading the same video on his phone and mine, the Rhodiums screen blows the hero away, it does not even compare (Seriously, it was like comparing the Iphone to a real smart phone)

the fact that I can flash Roms right from the Phone (Without the use of a PC). From what I have been told, you pretty much need a computer of some sort in order to be able to do anything with an Android.

I really hope that Windows Phone 7 does not drop the ball though, If they do I don't know what I will do for a cell phone....

....as I am sure after a year or two of WP7 being out the support for Windows Mobile will cease to exist. (cries into Rhodium)
Plus you can run Android on your phone too.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
Plus you can run Android on your phone too.
Very true. However, when I tried to run XDandroid (2.1 Froyo W/Sense), It was so slow and glitchy I uninstalled it after about 7 minutes.

It will get there sooner or later though, just all in due time...after all you cant rush a masterpiece (or you end up with an Iphone)

Hi my name is James, and I am addicted to bashing the Iphone.......it sucks......hard
Old 07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
.................................................. .............
Of course the tp2's screen blows the hero's away... hero has a 320 × 480 resolution screen while the tp2 is 480x800... If you wanted to compare screens, it's probably better to look at a device with the same resolution. Sprint's only Android with WVGA res is the EVO 4G at the moment. Soon they will release the Epic 4G and that screen is going to blow tp2/evo's screen away.

Windows Mobile support is already dead if you haven't noticed. they're focusing solely on wp7 and third party development for winmo is slowing to a crawl. Sad times for winmo, but wp7 will probably be sweet.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:

I think you mean you are glad you didn't buy the Hero.

The TP2 is a fine piece of machinery. The Hero was a "new" phone released on "last years" hardware when it was initially released. Android didn't seem to support any high resolution screens. I would've past up on the Hero (and the moment) for the TP2 as well.

Android is on the upswing though. I've got the Evo 4G right now and purely from a hardware perspective, I think anyone with a TP2 would be pleasantly surprised with the phone too.

On the rom flashing. What you've said is not 100% true. Like the TP2, on android phones you will need a PC to Unlock/Root. After that, you can update/flash to a new rom from the Boot Loader. I did it countless times on my Moment.

Congrats on your TP2 though, truly is a great Windows Mobile phone.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

While yes, I did not a PC to run the Hard SPL Unlocker, I was talking purely after the fact (Actual ROM flashing).

My brother told me that in order to Flash the actual Roms, He still needs to be connected to a PC (While I can just download the RHODIMG directly to my phone, move it to the Root of my SD card, run the Bootloader and flash away, all from my couch with no PC).

....Which is a huge plus as some Ahole broke my laptop (I was not home and everyone said that someone else did it). It is only the Screen and HDD that are messed up, but currently can't afford to replace, so it is keeping me down and out for now.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:

....Which is a huge plus as some Ahole broke my laptop (I was not home and everyone said that someone else did it). It is only the Screen and HDD that are messed up, but currently can't afford to replace, so it is keeping me down and out for now.
You need to remove yourself from these people's company, for your own safety and peace of mind, the sooner the better.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

hvtopiwala is a n00b

i still think i like Android better than WM, im trying to sell my WM device lol
Old 07-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
While yes, I did not a PC to run the Hard SPL Unlocker, I was talking purely after the fact (Actual ROM flashing).

My brother told me that in order to Flash the actual Roms, He still needs to be connected to a PC (While I can just download the RHODIMG directly to my phone, move it to the Root of my SD card, run the Bootloader and flash away, all from my couch with no PC).

I have both the TP2 and the Evo, and flashing roms on the Evo is much, much simpler. You don't have to change the name of the file to load it, there's no special buttons to hold, and best of all YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THE GOD DAMN BATTERY COVER OFF TO RESTART INTO BOOTLOADER!!!

In fact, most of the custom roms for the evo have a rom updater program installed, so all you do is check for new updates, if there is one, you can install it with the click of one button, all without a PC. I'm running DamageControl 3.2.3, and love it.

My other huge plus is that there is a marketplace of value on the Android systems. And, if I want to find something that's not in the marketplace, I can search for it on the web, just like my TP2. But I can click the link for the DL much easier on the evo, w/o pulling out my stylus.

I loved the TP2, and still do, but I love the Evo more. It's like saying I love money, but I love more money more.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,Touch,TP2,Hero,Pre,Evo,Evo Shift,Evo 3d

undarated is keeping up the good workundarated is keeping up the good work

Hey jamio, what kinda laptop you got? I have a few laying around for parts. I know I have a few hdd's so let me know what you need.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2