PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

RESET is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TV-Out to touch screen?

A while ago, I bought a computer and Lilliput touch screen monitor to install in my car. After working with the TP2 for a couple months, I am thinking that I don't need the computer. I know there is tv-out for the phone but I was wondering if anyone has been able to connect one to a touch screen and have it work.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TWO515TY is just getting started
Re: TV-Out to touch screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESET View Post
A while ago, I bought a computer and Lilliput touch screen monitor to install in my car. After working with the TP2 for a couple months, I am thinking that I don't need the computer. I know there is tv-out for the phone but I was wondering if anyone has been able to connect one to a touch screen and have it work.
You would still have to use the touch screen on the phone. The touch screen in your car would only function as a display.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO515TY View Post
You would still have to use the touch screen on the phone. The touch screen in your car would only function as a display.
correct!

if OP wants to use the Touch SCreen monitor to recognize the taps for his phone, thatd need to be a all-in-one computer screen in his car, and he'd need to run MyMoblier on it..
Old 07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

If I had a computer in my car, I wouldn't need it to interface with the phone, other than maybe hands free function. So, having a fully functioning computer to run mymobler to control the phone would be pointless. The "In Car Computer" user interfaces are pretty good, I was just hoping that I could bypass the complexity of running a computer in an automotive environment.

I have seen other phones that have docking stations. Some of them have keyboards that can be plugged in. Can the TP2 interface with external inputs in this manner? The Lilliput has software that you load onto the computer that basically turns the touch screen into a mouse. If the TP2 could do external input devices then I would think that that maybe the software could be emulated and turned into an app in some way. I am by no means a programmer but I have a pretty good understanding of how things work. Am I way off base here?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESET View Post
Can the TP2 interface with external inputs in this manner? The Lilliput has software that you load onto the computer that basically turns the touch screen into a mouse. If the TP2 could do external input devices then I would think that that maybe the software could be emulated and turned into an app in some way.
wouldnt that be like "usb host mode"? i know nexus one and droid are capable of UHM, but i dont think TP2 is.. besides even with that, youd still be tapping on the device not the cars display screen
Old 07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, maybe I am dreaming. I haven't been able to find a docking station or external keyboard for the TP2. The processor probably couldn't handle the amount of processes it would take to make this work anyway. It would have to send the video out on the USB port and also receive input thru the same port.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TWO515TY is just getting started

I don't know about mice, but I know you can use bluetooth keyboards with the Touch Pro 2. I used to use one to take notes in class and it works fine.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Did you have to plug something into the USB port or did it pare with the keyboard just like a ear piece does? I am betting a blue tooth mouse of that type hasn't been developed because no one sees a need for one. I wonder what it would take to make a converter of sorts. Something that you would plug the USB device into that converts the signal to transmit over blue tooth. I know some guys into electronics, maybe I will pass this question by them.

Maybe I should invest in a TV-out cable and see what everything looks like on the Lilliput. If it looks like poo then that would be another nail in the coffin of this idea.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:01 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

well you can connect PS3 and WiiMotes to TP2s, so you probably can use a BT keyboard or mouse

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2