PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch por2
Carrier: att

jstevenj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Large text - larger than max setting

Ok I've searched hi and low for this with no luck. I am almost 50 and am starting to need reading glasses to see the fine print. I have an HTC Touch Pro2 with Wm6.5. I have the text size set to the largest setting but would love to have it a bit larger. Mainly for my contacts and text messaging. I have the text set to 300% when typing but I neet the messages that are sent to me to show up larger. It would also be nice if the zoom bar worked with text messages as it does with web pages. I know I am not the first to have this problem, hopefully someone can put me on an app or fix for this.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Large text - larger than max setting

Only thing I could think of is installing a different Font and you might get it a little bigger but not by much, below is a link so some..............

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120497

Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 on the link Wesley762 posted. i myself use the papyrus font and when i was messing around with the font size...the letters for text messaging were huge when set the the largest!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch por2
Carrier: att
Threadstarter

jstevenj is a n00b

OK, I'll check some of the fonts out. One other question - suppose I don't like a font that I install, how do I set it back to the Windows default font. Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to to thie.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevenj View Post
OK, I'll check some of the fonts out. One other question - suppose I don't like a font that I install, how do I set it back to the Windows default font. Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to to thie.
The font's can be uninstalled, just got to start/settings/system/remove programs
Old 07-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevenj View Post
I'll be releasing an app very soon that will allow you to change the fonts easily, without installing/uninstalling a new font every time you want to change it. If you want bigger text, but still neat, Bank Gothic is a good way to go.

Also, the zoombar works for me in the SMS client... slide left to zoom out, slide right to zoom in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2