PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Screen protector buyer beware

Heads up. I purchased these screen protectors a while back and they protect the screen very well. However, I was removing one to replace it with a new one, since it had some big scratches and dings, and when removing it, it started pulling the Sprint and HTC logos right off. It looks like it's taken the touch screen top layer with it...
Old 07-06-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Screen protector buyer beware

Yeah I learned to only use Sprint Screen Protectors... Most all the others have fitment issues, or removal issues "leave residue, peel off letters, etc"...

Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Yea tell me about it. Don't have the same issue but i'm having screen protector issues, their basically junk in my opinion now.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started

ugh, that's crummy. (to say the least)

As opposed to the sprint ones, I've had a great experience with the zagg invisible shield and knock-off products (specifically, bestskinsever...same product, 1/3 the cost, just no lifetime warranty)

I had applied a bestskinsever screen protector and ended up getting some dust spots underneath it. I emailed their CS fishing for a discount code if i bought another one, and they mailed me out a new one, gratis.

When the time came to pull off my old one, it came off fine...took some picking and whatnot before it started to come up, and when it did, I had to pull fairly hard, but it came off w/o any residue or anything like that. These are cool because from my experience, they really don't get nicks or scratches, as such and they seem to last forever.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
ugh, that's crummy. (to say the least)

As opposed to the sprint ones, I've had a great experience with the zagg invisible shield and knock-off products (specifically, bestskinsever...same product, 1/3 the cost, just no lifetime warranty)

I had applied a bestskinsever screen protector and ended up getting some dust spots underneath it. I emailed their CS fishing for a discount code if i bought another one, and they mailed me out a new one, gratis.

When the time came to pull off my old one, it came off fine...took some picking and whatnot before it started to come up, and when it did, I had to pull fairly hard, but it came off w/o any residue or anything like that. These are cool because from my experience, they really don't get nicks or scratches, as such and they seem to last forever.
Didn't know Bestskinsever sold full body protection, but they do, and it's cheap! Cheap compared to InvisibleShield, which is like 25 bucks + S/H for full body while bestskinsever is 10 bucks shipped (didn't add tax) for a full body. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Didn't know Bestskinsever sold full body protection, but they do, and it's cheap! Cheap compared to InvisibleShield, which is like 25 bucks + S/H for full body while bestskinsever is 10 bucks shipped (didn't add tax) for a full body. Thanks!
Mmm, read this
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...insever&page=2

and this

http://www.everythingpre.com/forum/p...tte-21449.html

Awesome review ^^^^^^
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started

I love mine as a screen protector, which was all I wanted it for. The rest of the body looked like it would be a PITA to install so I used the back skin as a torture test and had some fun with it. I did get my ink pen to poke through it, though. Still I love the skin on the screen. The first one I put on had more orange-peel texture than the second one which went on a lot smoother and dried the same way, interestingly enough. A lot less texture, smoother. sorry for the hijack, I know the OP was just posting a warning about his particular product.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2