PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Srpint

TDKKP is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie needs help using Touch Pro 2 with Sprint Sero 500.

I just registered to seek help from experts here to show me the way to connect my TP2 to my laptop to use the internet. I've used HTC Mogul before this TP2 and it was very easy: just open IE on Mogul, open Internet Sharing and choose USB then click connect; an error to check the USB cable and all I need to do is wait for about a minute before plus the USB cable into my laptop and voila I'm online.

I did the same with TP2 but got a data error 67 or something just don't work. Please show me step by step how to do? TIA.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work
Re: Newbie needs help using Touch Pro 2 with Sprint Sero 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKKP View Post
I just registered to seek help from experts here to show me the way to connect my TP2 to my laptop to use the internet. I've used HTC Mogul before this TP2 and it was very easy: just open IE on Mogul, open Internet Sharing and choose USB then click connect; an error to check the USB cable and all I need to do is wait for about a minute before plus the USB cable into my laptop and voila I'm online.

I did the same with TP2 but got a data error 67 or something just don't work. Please show me step by step how to do? TIA.
Best way to do it is install flash a custom ROM that has stealth tethering enabled.

Without a phone as a Modem plan, Sprint may charge you for the data usage.

Plus the custom ROMs are much better than the stock Sprint roms. I've been running MightyRom for as long as I've had my TP2 and tether using WiFi.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

are you getting an error 67 all the time, tethering or not? if so try going to the settings tab and press the all setings soft key. from there press the system option, followed my the update profile option. this will provision your data profile. Once that is done unlock and flash a custom rom with stealth tethering included(like fastmike suggested) and from there you should be good to go. feel free to pm with any questions you may have.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TDKKP is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
are you getting an error 67 all the time, tethering or not? if so try going to the settings tab and press the all setings soft key. from there press the system option, followed my the update profile option. this will provision your data profile. Once that is done unlock and flash a custom rom with stealth tethering included(like fastmike suggested) and from there you should be good to go. feel free to pm with any questions you may have.

I'm getting error 67 only when tethering. I just got this phone and not sure if I want to flash to a new rom or not, just in case something happens I still can exchange to another one with the original rom. And the most important thing is I'm not that tech savvy.

Is there a simple way like tethering with my old HTC Mogul?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

LGCubana is a n00b

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115051

May not be the easiest process, but pretty close.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Don't worry about flashing custom roms, if something happens you can always flash it back to stock and all is good. As for Internet sharing, that is the best way to do it. Stock rom is horrible for stability and adding new things.

Take the plunge you won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKKP View Post
I'm getting error 67 only when tethering. I just got this phone and not sure if I want to flash to a new rom or not, just in case something happens I still can exchange to another one with the original rom. And the most important thing is I'm not that tech savvy.

Is there a simple way like tethering with my old HTC Mogul?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TDKKP is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGCubana View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115051

May not be the easiest process, but pretty close.

In the first page of that thread they're saying install .cab, how to do that? Also install apps? I'm new and afraid of bricking my TP2 so I need step by step instruction if possible.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:37 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

or you can go here for more options on tethering http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78502

you can't brick your phone installing a cab. the worse that can happen is you having to hard reset your phone. to dl the cab on that thread...the easiest way is to use your phone's internet to logon to this forum and go to that thread. click on the cab file and your phone will ask you where you want to save it. save it in your external card (if you have one). it'll only take a a couple of seconds to dl it. once done, find the cab and install it by clicking on it. install on device when it asks you and let it run it's course. the come back to the forum for other instructions on the next step (if there's any).

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 07-07-2010 at 10:41 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2