PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

slidebabyslide is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW TP2 locked, can't hard reset.

I woke up today and my phone was off. It said to enter my password no problem. i enter the password and nothing. So i was tried hard reset and it wont work. Im using the mr2 update from verizon. Is there another way to hard reset the tp2?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: VZW TP2 locked, can't hard reset.

what way did you try? im assuming the 3 finger trick?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i tried the send and power button
Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

was the power off via removing the battery first?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yes, i removed the batt
Old 07-05-2010, 10:56 PM

like this? i notice dyou only mentioned the red and green keys. there is also the vol button.

1. With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND, and END/POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

Wiping user data/settings & any user installed applications... 1. Press VolUP to restore manufacturer default.2. Press VolDown to restore custom configuration.3. Press other keys to cancel.
2. Release the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND, and END/POWER buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to restore the operating system to the factory default configuration, press the VOLUME DOWN button to restore the factory default configuration and remove any operator customization, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

no i was using just the send and power. Thank you . I was about to pay the 5 dollars to myphone to erase everything.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:09 PM

ya. verizons hardware is a little different than all the other ones. since the top button only makes it sleep, the procedure is a little different too. glad i could help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2