PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Agscott is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tech said freezing is normal???

Sprint replaced my touch pro with a touch pro 2 at no cost. My tp2 freezes constantly and doesn't respond. I called tech support who told me that they would replace the phone but it seems like there is nothing wrong with the device and if a technician checked the phone and didn't find anything wrong with it, they would charge me for the phone. I responded asking if constantly freezing was normal. The lady said it is normal for any touch screen phone to freeze. It drives me crazy, it freezes, runs super slow, and I miss calls. What should I do?
Old 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Tech said freezing is normal???

First of all, what ROM are you running?

I am guessing the Stock version with WM 6.5 and Sense 2.5?

There can be several things that are causing this........

To many e-mails downloaded to your phone,

To many Text messages saved to your phone,

The Stock ROM with WM 6.5 and Sense 2.5 does not have the Task manager installed so it's not closing programs when you exit them.

You do not have the Task manager set to close programs when you hit X.

There are a lot of options on this site for you to get it running a lot more stable.

Most will tell you install a custom ROM (I would be one that recommends that too).

there are several Tweaks you can do to the stock ROM to get it running better.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Freezing is NOT normal. You might try clearing out text messages and e-mails. If that doesn't work, do a hard reset. Be warned you will lose all your data so back up contacts, pics, apps, etc. Get a memory management app that will free up RAM, and a Task Manager to close apps when you are done with them.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Agscott is a n00b

I am running stock wm 6.5. I have about 5 emails downloaded. I do have many text messages as I do not delete them often (never have). I have task manager tab saved as a quick link on my home screen and I check it to make sure nothing is running after I do any surfing, texting, pic stuff etc to make sure all programs are closed. Which custom rom would you recommend, as I do like the way the phone is set up...just wish it would work/respond like it should.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agscott View Post
I am running stock wm 6.5. I have about 5 emails downloaded. I do have many text messages as I do not delete them often (never have). I have task manager tab saved as a quick link on my home screen and I check it to make sure nothing is running after I do any surfing, texting, pic stuff etc to make sure all programs are closed. Which custom rom would you recommend, as I do like the way the phone is set up...just wish it would work/respond like it should.
How many Text's do you have saved on the phone? after you get a few hundred that can really start causing Lag on the phone and cause it to Freeze.

Personally I would Recommend MightyROM or Mr. X as they are just about close to stock as you are going to get without all the crap along with it.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Agscott is a n00b

Ok, I will try MightyRom..one more question..if I install a custom rom and have to send the phone back to sprint..will I need to reinstall the original before sending it back? I read some where on here that they will not service a phone that has a custom rom????
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Ok, I will try MightyRom..one more question..if I install a custom rom and have to send the phone back to sprint..will I need to reinstall the original before sending it back? I read some where on here that they will not service a phone that has a custom rom????
Yes it is Best to flash back to stock to send it back for service.

Don't forget you have to unlock your phone first

To Unlock,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

MightyROM thread, I STRONGLY Recommend reading the ENTIRE first page of His thread before you Flash to it, there is a TON of info that you will want to know.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't know how attached you are with Sense 2.5 BUT... Story---> me and my wife have the same phone TP2. She was running Stock for a long time with constant freezing, SOD once in a while. Well she was tired of it and was ready to throw it out the door, I installed SPB Mobile Shell on her phone, now her phone is super fast, she gets a bundle of memory back and it almost feels like a new phone.

Her phone is not freezing anymore, she has not experienced the SOD after that.. She is happy as a clam.

Maybe you should give it a try.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Agscott is a n00b

Okay, at this point I am willing to try anything. It drives me nuts when I go to make a call and the dang thing won't do anything...I have taken the back of to soft reset so many times, it doesn't make sense...and then for Sprint tech support to tell me it's normal!!!! Sorry for venting as I am a little frustrated.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Even if you try Mobile shell like Hypeo suggested I would still recommend installing MightyROM and running it on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
I don't know how attached you are with Sense 2.5 BUT... Story---> me and my wife have the same phone TP2. She was running Stock for a long time with constant freezing, SOD once in a while. Well she was tired of it and was ready to throw it out the door, I installed SPB Mobile Shell on her phone, now her phone is super fast, she gets a bundle of memory back and it almost feels like a new phone.

Her phone is not freezing anymore, she has not experienced the SOD after that.. She is happy as a clam.

Maybe you should give it a try.
Quote:
Okay, at this point I am willing to try anything. It drives me nuts when I go to make a call and the dang thing won't do anything...I have taken the back of to soft reset so many times, it doesn't make sense...and then for Sprint tech support to tell me it's normal!!!! Sorry for venting as I am a little frustrated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2