PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 Volume Increase

those of u who actually got the increase are very lucky. I can't get any of the cabs to work on my TP2 for nothing. it is driving me crazy almost to the point where I'll download and install the SRS wow HD cab but I don't know what side effect that will have so I'm waiting on the "vol" tweak cab now.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
those of u who actually got the increase are very lucky. I can't get any of the cabs to work on my TP2 for nothing. it is driving me crazy almost to the point where I'll download and install the SRS wow HD cab but I don't know what side effect that will have so I'm waiting on the "vol" tweak cab now.
what rom are you using?
Since your waiting I guess I'll take a look
Old 09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
what rom are you using?
Since your waiting I guess I'll take a look
I'm using the sprint basics rom. its 6.1 build 21057, its kinda like stock but tweaked,has sense 2.1 and the higher build number.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:54 AM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I'm using the sprint basics rom. its 6.1 build 21057, its kinda like stock but tweaked,has sense 2.1 and the higher build number.
This is an excellent rom I was going to try, but I know its good.
There is your problem, it is 6.1, so the registry is prob a little different.
For 6.1, try a "briggs audiopara3" cab I wil post.

The ipolesion cab has a slightly newer audiopara.csv file in it and it is renamed with specific reg entries for device to see it.

I also will post a tweaked version to TEST..LEMMY KNOW IF IT WORKS BETTER!

Don't download unless you are willing to test, as I just wokeup and haven't tested it, so please don't try unless your willing to break you volume haha.
If so just uninstall

I followed member "Puff601" post on page 4, and modded the reg with his suggestions.
I did not mess with any bluetooth or handset reg, only main volume and call volumes. so don't worry about that, as when I looked it was all setup good anyway.

Here it is:
EDIT: test cab pulled due to re-editing & improving..
Attached Files
File Type: cab BriggsAudioPara3.cab (120.0 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-28-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: test only Cab pulled..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

The ipolesion cab has a slightly newer audiopara.csv file in it and it is renamed with specific reg entries for device to see it.

Don't download unless you are willing to test, as I just wokeup and haven't tested it, so please don't try unless your willing to break you volume haha.
If so just uninstall

I followed member "Puff601" post on page 4, and modded the reg with his suggestions.
I did not mess with any bluetooth or handset reg, only main volume and call volumes. so don't worry about that, as when I looked it was all setup good anyway.

Here it is:

That is untrue. I've always run the stock sprint 6.1 TF3D shipped rom and executing the instructions in my first post definitely works. I also tried the cab after a hard reset and it too worked. Its really simple...the modified audiopara file is placed in \windows and the reg edit makes the registry point to this file.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Banned User

Quote:

If so just uninstall

I did not mess with any bluetooth or hand set reg, only main volume and call volumes. so don't worry about that, as when I looked it was all setup good anyway.

Here it is:
tried them both, didn't work. looks like a flash to stock 6.1 is in the future.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
That is untrue. I've always run the stock sprint 6.1 TF3D shipped rom and executing the instructions in my first post definitely works. I also tried the cab after a hard reset and it too worked. Its really simple...the modified audiopara file is placed in \windows and the reg edit makes the registry point to this file.
I stand corrected.. thanks for clearing that up...
Edit : I sounded cranky and just realized you are threadstarter! lol
I hope this cab is better now than Briggs cab, but I dunno,
but since I added the extra reg changes I can rest assured it should be more if not equal to for loudest volume.
I ASSUMED the cab name was the threadstarter, when you should be taking the credit, so thanks and
let me know if you want me to rename a cab or cab a file for you,
As I will give you full credit!

Now t clear one statement:
It is untrue for all but HIS rom, clearly none is working, so his setup, which includes registry is different.

MOVING ON:
So I am now running the modded cab with extra edits posted above and all is well,
BUT, I have not tested original cab to compare if it give an extra increase in boost.
I am assuming it does, because more than half reg changes were less than max volume.
So any input on the new cab would be appreciated.

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-28-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

one more round of edits to try would be the "attenuation", as I forgot which setting is best for this.
I remember in older thread it was decided upon for best setting.
As of now I remember the attenuation is at , or near 1, but could also be set to zero.
I will try 2day but any input would be helpful..
Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thanks maxx! i am about to try the cab with reg edits added and let you know. there are also a few other edits i made... yea i also noticed that the volume is not set anywhere near full volume. i know the reg edits make it louder because @ one point and time all i used was the reg edits and i noticed it was louder than stock so the audiopara + these edits will definitely help each other. i know i searched volume as well. give me about 30 minutes and i will post all of the edits i use :cool.

Hey op, thanks for this great tweak, glad to see you in here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It worked for me but the added volume also addes some audible distortion.
I just keep my volume down a little. Don't want to uninstall because it works well with my external sound sourses. (powered speakers, car etc.)
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
audiopara, earpiece, speakerphone, tp2, volume