PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
.avi playback issues using TCPMP

I have TCPMP with master codec pack 5 installed on my TP2, and am having issues with .avi playback.

The video shows, and the sound plays, but the color is extremely weird. The colors are all banded, and there seem to be green or pink lines running everywhere. Also, I can't tell this for sure, but it looks like the video is only taking up half the screen, and duplicating itself again on the bottom half.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Re: .avi playback issues using TCPMP

the only time i have had a problem with TCPMP is when the codec is a really weird one..did you make the avi file or some one else
Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i play avi's-dvdrips often but i use coreplayer.. tcpmp should have the alot of the same options though.. try changing the video output.. play around with rawbuffer,gdi, direct draw..

thats what i need to do sometimes..it might take raw buffer for one avi and qtv for another... but i always know when i need to play with the settings because i have greens and purples everywhere, or if im using TVout i get a blue blink.. i just change my vid output and it fixes it for me..
Old 07-02-2010, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
im using TVout i get a blue blink.. i just change my vid output and it fixes it for me..
you must be running a stock ROM because that doesn't work in any 6.5 or 6.5.x ROM I have tried.

~John
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

i use divx player for avi. hate the small buttons, but gives me better results than coreplayer. could be i just dont have the right settings on coreplayer.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
you must be running a stock ROM because that doesn't work in any 6.5 or 6.5.x ROM I have tried.

~John
stock but still 6.5/m2.5.. since i bought coreplayer, i havent come across a vid i cant play..
Old 07-02-2010, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

NighthawkIX is a n00b

Fixed the coloring thing using the GDI option. Thanks!

But now some of my .avis are really lagging...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I rarely use CorePlayer anymore (although I have the latest version)

Although I don't really like it, I play most of my many movie rips with Album.

Album gives mp4 hardware accelleration (& perfect video out), CorePlayer doesn't.

~John
Old 07-02-2010, 08:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkIX View Post
Fixed the coloring thing using the GDI option. Thanks!

But now some of my .avis are really lagging...
sometimes the device is the culprit and you may need a fresh soft reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I rarely use CorePlayer anymore (although I have the latest version)

Although I don't really like it, I play most of my many movie rips with Album.

Album gives mp4 hardware accelleration (& perfect video out), CorePlayer doesn't.

~John
this thread isnt about .mp4s tho is it? LOL .. mp4s play in album agreed, but .avi's do not... all the avi's i have are dvd-rips and must have coreplayer or tcpmp to play them..
Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
mp4s play in album agreed, but .avi's do not... all the avi's i have are dvd-rips and must have coreplayer or tcpmp to play them..
true, that's why I always rip DVD's to h.264.

I like the quality difference.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2