PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 in reboot loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMom View Post
UPDATE - I found information while searching through the forums that suggested that I flash the ROM through the SD card. I was able to copy the RHODIMG.nbh file to the SD Card and then update the ROM on the device through Bootloader mode. The update shows successful, but the device remains in the constant reboot loop.

Does anyone have any suggestions on we can get this fixed?
flash the stock rom using computer, instead of sd card.
also, check the battery terminals...make sure they're not bent or touching.
also, look in the charge/usb port and make sure non of the terminals are bent or touching.

Last edited by razorloves; 07-20-2010 at 06:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Thank you for your reply, but I have already done everything that you suggested. The device remains in a continuous reboot loop where it will begin to load Windows and then it reboots before the process bar even gets 1/4 of the way across. I have flashed the ROM several times through the PC as well as the SD card, but I cannot get the phone out of this reboot loop.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:35 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thank you for your reply, but I have already done everything that you suggested. The device remains in a continuous reboot loop where it will begin to load Windows and then it reboots before the process bar even gets 1/4 of the way across. I have flashed the ROM several times through the PC as well as the SD card, but I cannot get the phone out of this reboot loop.
At this point, after 3 weeks, I highly recommend you send the phone back as defective. I would hope you have PayPal buyer protection on the eBay purchase. Did the seller say the phone was "as-is"? or is there a DOA clause? You should have sent this back 2 weeks ago - hope you haven't waited too long.

I have to wonder if the seller flashed an incompatible ROM or radio to this phone....

If you want to post the eBay auction link, maybe we could advise you better.

But, please act before the 30-day PayPal period.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

what about unlocking and maybe even relocking..

you guys remember the "infinite boot loop" from the TP1 sd card flashing days.. there was even a poll in the sd flashing thread i believe because it happened often enough.. the solution then was just to re-unlock your device again..

maybe OP bought the phone from someone who had it unlocked and then re-locked it and soemthing went wrong in the process..

since youve tried everything else OP, try unlocking and flashing(even though you dont need to unlock for stock roms).. try different combos: unlock>flash.. does it work? unlock>relock>flash.. does it work? unlock>flash custom... theres about 6 different combos to work through like this, but you may find the issue.. but itll take a bit of trial and error
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

I appreciate the suggestions and I am willing to try anything, but is there a way to unlock / relock the device through either bootloader mode or the SD card? The main issue is that the device is stuck in a reboot loop leaving us unable to use Active Synch. We can enter bootloader mode and flash the ROM all day long, but nothing seems to be bring the device out of the never-ending reboot loop.

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I appreciate the suggestions and I am willing to try anything, but is there a way to unlock / relock the device through either bootloader mode or the SD card? The main issue is that the device is stuck in a reboot loop leaving us unable to use Active Synch. We can enter bootloader mode and flash the ROM all day long, but nothing seems to be bring the device out of the never-ending reboot loop.

Thanks!
here's how to relock from mem card http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

there's 2 different sprint stock roms, have you tried flashing both?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Yes, I believe I have tried both the stock ROMS 6.1 and 6.5. If you have a link(s)for the Stock ROMs so that I can double-check, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes, I believe I have tried both the stock ROMS 6.1 and 6.5. If you have a link(s)for the Stock ROMs so that I can double-check, I would greatly appreciate it.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940
Old 07-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

zula is a n00b

hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have sprint HTC touch pro recently sent to me by a friend in US. I am in Nigeria, can anyone please help in step that i will use to either flash or reprogram it to a carrier in my country for voice and data.

thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula View Post
hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have sprint HTC touch pro recently sent to me by a friend in US. I am in Nigeria, can anyone please help in step that i will use to either flash or reprogram it to a carrier in my country for voice and data.

thanks
If you have a Touch Pro you might want to ask in the Touch Pro forum, this is the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Link below to the TP Forum............

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bootloader, flash rom, htc touch pro 2, reboot loop, sprint