PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: asdds

irodex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LCD screen will not turn back on after it is turned off

So I have had this pretty serious problem going on with my LCD screen. This problem started happening after I flashed a new ROM (I think).

My LCD screen is working fine, however, after I turn the LCD screen off for the first time after rebooting (by putting it to sleep by using the power button or any other method) the screen will then never come back on. I know the phone is still on because after I press the power button to wake it back up I can still press buttons on the phone and I can hear noise from the phone like I normally would. The phone is on, the LCD just will NOT come back on no matter what I do.

Another weird thing I have noticed is that when I go to adjust the brightness of the phone it does not change the brightness at all even though I am adjusting the slider on the phone.

I have tried about 4 different ROMS (including stock) and they all have the same problem. I tried disabling the light sensor through the advanced configuration tool, but that did not work either.

Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? Thank you.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work
Re: LCD screen will not turn back on after it is turned off

Sorry I only know how to fix this on TP2 on VZW, no clue on a TP on asdds.....
Old 06-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
Sorry I only know how to fix this on TP2 on VZW, no clue on a TP on asdds.....
would you be kind enough to post the fix for your VZW TP2? it might help solve the problem on other carriers, plus VZW users may want to know also.

@OP - sounds like SOD (sleep of death) but it shouldnt be happening EVERY time the screen goes off. sounds like a different issue since your having other backlight issues also.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
would you be kind enough to post the fix for your VZW TP2? it might help solve the problem on other carriers, plus VZW users may want to know also.

@OP - sounds like SOD (sleep of death) but it shouldnt be happening EVERY time the screen goes off. sounds like a different issue since your having other backlight issues also.
It's just installing Mr. X' fixed MR2 Verizon ROM . That's it. I'd recommend Task 29 first, as the SOD seemed to only completely disappear after I re-flashed a second time, and I have no idea what's going on there. All I know is I have 0, zed, nada SODs! ( And I did interpret OP's problem to be SOD, maybe that isn't it? )
Old 06-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

When you remove the stylus, do the lights come on at the bottom?

Also, is this a TP1 or TP2?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by irodex View Post
So I have had this pretty serious problem going on with my LCD screen. This problem started happening after I flashed a new ROM (I think).

My LCD screen is working fine, however, after I turn the LCD screen off for the first time after rebooting (by putting it to sleep by using the power button or any other method) the screen will then never come back on. I know the phone is still on because after I press the power button to wake it back up I can still press buttons on the phone and I can hear noise from the phone like I normally would. The phone is on, the LCD just will NOT come back on no matter what I do.

Another weird thing I have noticed is that when I go to adjust the brightness of the phone it does not change the brightness at all even though I am adjusting the slider on the phone.

I have tried about 4 different ROMS (including stock) and they all have the same problem. I tried disabling the light sensor through the advanced configuration tool, but that did not work either.

Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? Thank you.
sounds like your screen has gone bad. dont think it will help, but you can try this for troubleshooting. pull battery for a couple minutes. do task 29 and flash the stock rom, then do a clear storage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2