PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Airtel

RexRzr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Home Weather Animation Lag

Hello all. Newbie here. I've been following this great forum since I thought of buying this phone. However...now the phone has arrived...the doubts have begun (but it's not like I've not tried searching for my issue). First of all...let me inform that I'm not in the US...I'm from India and I'm using this Sprint TP2 with a GSM service here (which is working fine by the way). My phone is not SIM unlocked (I bought it from ebay US) and surprisingly it came with the upgraded WinMo 6.5/Sense 2.5 Sprint official ROM...instead of the old 6.1 (I don't think the seller tampered with the package and he claimed not to have known about upgrading ROMs also). I was happy with it and it wasn't showing any lags as such until I set the weather for my location. After I turned the weather on and it started showing the status in the home screen under the flipping clock...the home screen became very unsmooth. Whether I had weather wallpaper or animated wallpaper on...it didn't matter. E.g. when it's raining and the wiper action begins...it's very slow...but after the wiper is gone...the FPS increases again. Likewise with the animated wallpaper. As long as I have the weather showing on home screen...the animations will be slow...but they run darn great if the weather is not showing. I don't understand where the problem is. Because in the dedicated weather tab...the weather animations are as smooth as butter. Other tabs are also smooth (photos...music etc.). Only this thing is bugging me.

FYI...my data connection is EDGE...not 3G (although I don't think it matters in this case). I've tried installing the At0mAng D3D driver and although it worked for that D3DDemo...but no dice for my problem. And I haven't installed anything at all yet...I don't even have much contacts loaded...lol. And I'm not using an SD card also.

Hope some of you experienced users can guide me. Again...I'm just a newbie. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RexRzr is a n00b
Re: Home Weather Animation Lag

Anyone?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It kinda is just the way it is from my experience.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

you could install Cookies Home Tab Editor (older 1.7) and change the animation to simple too see if it helps.

Thats the only way I know to change that option. If someone else knows a different way, Im sure they will reply.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRzr
Hello all. Newbie here. I've been following this great forum since I thought of buying this phone. However...now the phone has arrived...the doubts have begun (but it's not like I've not tried searching for my issue). First of all...let me inform that I'm not in the US...I'm from India and I'm using this Sprint TP2 with a GSM service here (which is working fine by the way). My phone is not SIM unlocked (I bought it from ebay US) and surprisingly it came with the upgraded WinMo 6.5/Sense 2.5 Sprint official ROM...instead of the old 6.1 (I don't think the seller tampered with the package and he claimed not to have known about upgrading ROMs also). I was happy with it and it wasn't showing any lags as such until I set the weather for my location. After I turned the weather on and it started showing the status in the home screen under the flipping clock...the home screen became very unsmooth. Whether I had weather wallpaper or animated wallpaper on...it didn't matter. E.g. when it's raining and the wiper action begins...it's very slow...but after the wiper is gone...the FPS increases again. Likewise with the animated wallpaper. As long as I have the weather showing on home screen...the animations will be slow...but they run darn great if the weather is not showing. I don't understand where the problem is. Because in the dedicated weather tab...the weather animations are as smooth as butter. Other tabs are also smooth (photos...music etc.). Only this thing is bugging me.

FYI...my data connection is EDGE...not 3G (although I don't think it matters in this case). I've tried installing the At0mAng D3D driver and although it worked for that D3DDemo...but no dice for my problem. And I haven't installed anything at all yet...I don't even have much contacts loaded...lol. And I'm not using an SD card also.

Hope some of you experienced users can guide me. Again...I'm just a newbie. Thanks in advance.
You might consider flashing to a Sense 2.1 rom which will perform faster. WinMo 6.1 with 2.1 is my recommendation.
If your device is a Sprint TP2 then it is sim unlocked for countries outside the USA.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RexRzr is a n00b

Thanks for all your replies. I was guessing that flashing to a custom ROM would be a way to try to see if it'd help. But the question that I have about the custom ROMs is that...as I use my Sprint TP2 outside US with a GSM service...now if I flash to the CDMA ROM of MightyMike or Mr. X or anything else then will I still be able to avail the GSM radio signals as I do with the stock Sprint ROM?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRzr
Thanks for all your replies. I was guessing that flashing to a custom ROM would be a way to try to see if it'd help. But the question that I have about the custom ROMs is that...as I use my Sprint TP2 outside US with a GSM service...now if I flash to the CDMA ROM of MightyMike or Mr. X or anything else then will I still be able to avail the GSM radio signals as I do with the stock Sprint ROM?
Yes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RexRzr is a n00b

Quote: