PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: R.I.P Touch Pro 2

Dude I've never had to pay for anything with my phone and I had 5 replaced TP1's and still am on my day 1 original TP2...

Old 06-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

R.I.P Touch pro 2

Put Your Lighters Up

I have moved to greener grass (Android)

Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
What good is a warranty when you're still left paying $280..??
That's my point. He won't if he argues his case. I didn't. A better question is, why isn't HTC standing behind their warranty? What's the point of even offering a warranty if it means nothing? What if the insurance carrier did that? Would you be questioning his decision to buy insurance?

Last edited by aiiee; 06-25-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

chris311 is a n00b

I had the same problem with my phone after it was in my pocket during a funeral in 100+ degree weather. Sweat got under the screen and then a couple weeks later the screen stopped working. You could still see the sweat under the screen.

I took it to the Sprint store expecting to pay a $100 deductable and use my insurance. The Technician there said that it was covered under warranty, and I got a replacement phone shipped to me the next day. I put my old phone in the returned envelope they included with the new phone and mailed it back to HTC.

I never got a phone call saying that the replacement phone was not covered under the warranty because of water damage.

The funny thing is, is that the day I mailed it back, I dropped the phone and the screen started working again. (Although by that time it had a black spot on the LCD and the rainbow effect). I'm surprised that I didn't get a call saying that my screen was working when I said it wasn't.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
R.I.P Touch pro 2

Put Your Lighters Up

I have moved to greener grass (Android)
Yeah, I think HTC realized they screwed the pooch on this one and are trying to pretend there's nothing wrong with it. Verizon doesn't even carry them in it's stores, and at one point this week they were selling them online for $30...

Pity, with Mr X fixed MR2 ROM and Cookie's Home Tab, this thing rocks, until the screen blows again ...
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
A better question is, why isn't HTC standing behind their warranty? What's the point of even offering a warranty if it means nothing? What if the insurance carrier did that? Would you be questioning his decision to buy insurance?
Well your first question isn't Sprint related at all, they're only a carrier not a manufacturer, and second the insurance company wouldn't be aloud to do that due to a binding contract you have with them. Anything that happens to your phone that isn't user defect is under the terms for free replacement as long as you have had insurance for 14 days prior to the situation (Which most everybody that signed up for insurance when they bought their phone, has)... Your original statement was against Sprint, now you're saying it's HTC's fault and possibly the insurance companies when he doesn't even have insurance to blame it on...
Old 06-25-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Well your first question isn't Sprint related at all, they're only a carrier not a manufacturer, and second the insurance company wouldn't be aloud to do that due to a binding contract you have with them. Anything that happens to your phone that isn't user defect is under the terms for free replacement as long as you have had insurance for 14 days prior to the situation (Which most everybody that signed up for insurance when they bought their phone, has)... Your original statement was against Sprint, now you're saying it's HTC's fault and possibly the insurance companies when he doesn't even have insurance to blame it on...
No, but you know what, don't worry about it, I'm not.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

I wasn't worried about it from the get go, I just didn't understand why someone was talking down on Sprint when they've done nothing but positive things for me.. Replace my phones for free, pay my bill when they're wrong, and ship me brand new replacements 2 days after the order, I'd recommend them to anyone... And I have, and gotten paid for it too lol...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
That's my point. He won't if he argues his case. I didn't. A better question is, why isn't HTC standing behind their warranty? What's the point of even offering a warranty if it means nothing? What if the insurance carrier did that? Would you be questioning his decision to buy insurance?
OP's first mistake was contacting HTC directly. He should've contacted his carrier and had Sprint handle the problem for him. as you can read from a few posts from sprint customers (including me), we did not have any problems in getting our broken phone replaced based on warranty by Sprint. and same as you, we did not have to argue our case as well in getting our devices replaced.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 06-25-2010 at 03:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
OP's first mistake was contacting HTC directly. He should've contacted his carrier and had Sprint handle the problem for him. as you can read from a few posts from sprint customers (including me), we did not have any problems in getting our broken phone replaced based on warranty by Sprint. and same as you, we did not have to argue our case as well in getting our devices replaced.
x2
:applause:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dead