PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 06:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

djlilmikeny is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keep TP2 screen off while in case??

is there a program or regedit that will keep the touch pro screen off while in a belt case?? maybe a program that when the light sensor is covered, the screen stays off, kind of how the screen shuts off when you put the phone to your head during a call...the touch pro 2 screen randomly comes on...just about every time i pull it out my case, the screen is on...i think a program like this would be a bigg battery life saver...
Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Keep TP2 screen off while in case??

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlilmikeny View Post
is there a program or regedit that will keep the touch pro screen off while in a belt case?? maybe a program that when the light sensor is covered, the screen stays off, kind of how the screen shuts off when you put the phone to your head during a call...the touch pro 2 screen randomly comes on...just about every time i pull it out my case, the screen is on...i think a program like this would be a bigg battery life saver...
this has a "display off" feature.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Dusk psShutXP Power Key - TP.cab (551.0 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlilmikeny View Post

or, if you don't want to change your power key, I've been using this for quite some time, works as advertised....cover the proximity sensor and screen shuts off.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Hd2ProximityScreenOff-0.2.CAB (79.5 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!

--Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

how much does that suck down your battery life with it polling the prox sensor so much???
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepink View Post
or, if you don't want to change your power key, I've been using this for quite some time, works as advertised....cover the proximity sensor and screen shuts off.
Sounds exactly what i was looking for, thanks!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You might also consider looking at your case. Some cases that are magnetic can cause the screen to turn on when it passes the strip. This happened to one of my case. My battery kept getting low and I noticed the screen was on when I took it out. Then I read a post somewhere that stated some magnetic cases causes the phone screen to come on. Give it a try. Had to buy a new case. Problem solved.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
how much does that suck down your battery life with it polling the prox sensor so much???

honestly, I don't know. If you have a way to test, I'd be glad to and report back.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:09 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
i dont think it would drain the battery more. the sensor is always being used...for example when u enable it to adjust the brightness of the screen automatically...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery, case, life, program, screen