PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

raz1337 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quicker Bluetooth connections

I just got this in the mail for my TP2:

http://www.amazon.com/FlexSMART-Blue...6838968&sr=8-1

To get it working, I had to enable bluetooth, put the transmitter in pairing mode, then connect to the transmitter, going through 1-2 menus to finish up and back to the home screen.

That just seems like a lot of time spent each time I get in my car. Is there a way to do this faster?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work
Re: Quicker Bluetooth connections

Once you are paired the first time you shouldn't need to go through the process again. If you are using Sense 2.5, put a shortcut to the COMM Manager or the bluetooth app on the Today screen. If you aren't using Sense at all, put a shortcut on the WM today page. Then just turn on bluetooth when you want to use it. Or just leave bluetooth on all the time (eats the battery faster).

Your phone will remember multiple devices. You shouldn't have to pair again as long as you don't pair the FM transmitter with a different device. I use a bluetooth receiver at home on my stereo system. I can listen to both the stereo and my bluetooth earphones at the same time, plus use a bluetooth headset for phone calls. Multiple devices used simultaneously is no problem for this phone!
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)

Last edited by Tybalt39; 06-25-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

DJ_SirG is a n00b

I never turn the Bluetooth off on my phone and every time I start my car it connects on its own. I dont even take the phone out of my pocket. But I have a radio with bluetooth built in. (pioneer AVIC-X910BT)
Old 06-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_SirG View Post
I never turn the Bluetooth off on my phone and every time I start my car it connects on its own. I dont even take the phone out of my pocket. But I have a radio with bluetooth built in. (pioneer AVIC-X910BT)
i dont get this. am i the only one who sees a hugr battery drain with bluetooth on
Old 06-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_SirG View Post
Same here. I have a Sony MEX3700BT head unit. Connect once and forget it. The only thing I need to touch the phone for is if I want to connect in stereo BT mode to listen to music from the phone. Battery drain with BT on all the time is negligible. If I use the phine during the day I almost always put it on the charger at night.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
Once you are paired the first time you shouldn't need to go through the process again. If you are using Sense 2.5, put a shortcut to the COMM Manager or the bluetooth app on the Today screen. If you aren't using Sense at all, put a shortcut on the WM today page. Then just turn on bluetooth when you want to use it. Or just leave bluetooth on all the time (eats the battery faster).

Your phone will remember multiple devices. You shouldn't have to pair again as long as you don't pair the FM transmitter with a different device. I use a bluetooth receiver at home on my stereo system. I can listen to both the stereo and my bluetooth earphones at the same time, plus use a bluetooth headset for phone calls. Multiple devices used simultaneously is no problem for this phone!
Uhh....create shortcuts? You make it sound like everyone knows how to do this the instant they touch the device. Explain yourself.

I found an option about separating stereo audio/hands free from the bluetooth connection, and I unchecked it, I'll see how that works.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Still looking for advice on this. I downloaded auto a2dp. It automatically connects to the fm transmitter, and then hands free, but not stereo audio. It was also supposed to open an application of my choosing when it started, which it doesn't. It doesn't seem very seamless at automatically connecting to the transmitter as soon as I'm near it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2