PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activesync Contacts & calendar

I must be having a brain dead moment but this is driving me nuts.

I want to pull the contacts and calendar items from my Exchange server (work) to my mobile.

BUT I do not want my contacts and calendar appointments from the mobile to be sync'd to my Exchange account.

Is this possible?

For the time being, I am cheating and doing a sync, then unchecking the items on the mobile.

EDIT: And yes, I have to do a Local backup of Contacts and Calendar so that when I uncheck them from Activesync I don't loose them ALL from the mobile device.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-24-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor
Re: Activesync Contacts & calendar

I had the same issue last year, but I was unable to find a solution. I honestly don't think it is possible.

I know that with the old Yahoo sync it could be done, but the MS process appears to view your device as a work only tool - therefore, no need to keep personal contacts or appointments seperate.

If you find an answer, please let me know!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so far the only solution has been to mail the calendar appointments and contacts to my Exchagne account and them add them to the phone.

Am thinking of building a tool for this as it should not be this hard.

Was hoping for some sort of Sync by Category but that is not there either.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I was looking for this for a while... but it's not possible from what I could find. You basically want a one-way sync which isn't supported.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

You can create a "work-contacts" contact folder on exchange, move all of your work related contacts in there, and then let the main contacts sync to your phone for personal contacts. This will at least keep them separate.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Doesn't really get what I am looking for.

I don't need or want contacts that I currently have on my phone on Exchange.

Simply want the contacts on Exchange on my phone....same with calendar events.

Was looking at exporting from Exchange and then importing on the mobile phone but have not found a good tool for the mobile phone to do this.
PIMBackup I thought was able to import from delimited text file but have not gotten that to work.
Pocket Informant states that it can import but I have yet to try that route yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2