PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, TP2
Carrier: Verizon

arn24 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bored? Help a noob, earn thanks!

So after trying out some different roms, I'm back to Energy 23569 Sense 2.5 May22. This one seems like the best, but I still need to tweak it to make it right. I need noob-style step by step instruction for these things. Help me out, and I'll thank every post.

First issue, the only lock screen that works is the CHT lock screen. Default does not. This wouldn't be an issue except that the CHT lock screen lags by 4 seconds! when coming out of standby. Also, one of the other roms I tried (Maybe Energy's latest release, which didn't work out for me) had an option to not lock while playing music. I would like that feature back as well.

I want this clock.

Or one just like it. Need step by step on how to make this happen. Please keep all links to ppcgeeks.com.

I know I have more tweakin' to do, but I'm still learning and need help.

Thanks!

Aaron
Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Bored? Help a noob, earn thanks!

Nevermind on the lock screen while playing music. The current one works fine for that.

Thanks.

Aaron
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=whiskeybro

Analog clocks. The first is a chronograph/digital like you are showing.
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)

Last edited by Tybalt39; 06-24-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i noticed a problem in your screenshot. it looks like you are using CHT 1.8.5 but using the Dinik Anastasia Theme v1.0 for CHT 1.7. Notice how your notification bar isnt skinned? im using apaquette's Anastasia Theme for CHT 1.8.5 from over at xda. let me know if you have problems finding it. By the way, your screenshot looks good, looks like you are coming along quite nicely
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010624_001.jpg (9.3 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=whiskeybro

Analog clocks. The first is a chronograph/digital like you are showing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
i noticed a problem in your screenshot. it looks like you are using CHT 1.8.5 but using the Dinik Anastasia Theme v1.0 for CHT 1.7. Notice how your notification bar isnt skinned? im using apaquette's Anastasia Theme for CHT 1.8.5 from over at xda. let me know if you have problems finding it. By the way, your screenshot looks good, looks like you are coming along quite nicely
Thanks to both of you for replying. I though more people would be bored!

That's not my screenshot. I was just showing the analog clock that I was looking for. I don't know a thing about skinning (yet).

Due to something stupid I did long ago, I can't download anything from XDA. Does anybody on here have those clock cabs?

Thanks guys.

Aaron
Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

o ok, i thought that SS was yours. someone correct me if im wrong but i think CHT is the only app that lets you show both a analog and flip clock like that. the flip clock is from dinik's anastasia theme for cookie home tab. thats the transparent glassy icons/bars in my screenshot. if you want cht or the anastasia theme let me know and i cant point you to everything you need.

ps, i dont know much about skinning either, buts its as simple as installing the .cab. i definitely think cht 1.8.5 would get you started on the right track.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Almost a VIP

here's the cht theme
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123875
Old 06-24-2010, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have CHT. I'm running Energy 23xxx.

I figured it out! Santod had some easy instructions and I found some .zip files for different clocks. It worked! I'll share if anyone needs help.

Seems like I would literally need to spend 'weeks' reading forums to figure everything out. My wife is po'd already 'cause I've gone through 3 differnet ROMS. I tell her, "Hey, at least this hobby is free!' I get time at work to read, but I can't see pics and I can't dl anything.

Anyways, thanks again for helping. You've been thanked.

Aaron

I'll figure out how to post a screenshot next, although mine is pretty plain, except for the new Swiss I'm rockin.....!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Almost a VIP

no prob man, glad to be able to help! there are quite a few screen shot apps built in. i use this app, it has a screen capture app built in not to mention 11 other great functions.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125628

thanks returned
Old 06-25-2010, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work

Aaron,
Probably the last thing you need at this point is another alternative but . . .

I was at the same point as you a few months ago (kind of like drinking from a fire hose, isn't it). I went through several of Mighty's ROMs and a couple from NRG using them with CHT & AHT while trying several of the same things that you are starting to do. I tried a MaxSense ROM from Bignadad (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122177)
and found it very much to my linking. Since many of these options (multiple clocks, etc.) are built in and selectable and the MaxSense structure takes care of many of the options in CHT, you get it all in one package. Big's ROM is a bit newer given that MaxSense is new so it is evolving but you might find it to be much to your liking (reading between the lines a bit) based on my experience. Just thought I might pose this alternative to you at this point. Big configures his ROMs for each carrier so it is pre-provisioned (for VZW in your case).

BTW, NRG does have a couple of MaxSense ROMs as well but my experience has been with Bignadad. Good luck and have fun.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2