PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:31 PM
PPCG News Manager
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JasonFieldz is keeping up the good workJasonFieldz is keeping up the good workJasonFieldz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to JasonFieldz Send a message via Yahoo to JasonFieldz Send a message via Skype™ to JasonFieldz
Question XDA UC Email/Personal Information

Can anyone help me with getting XDA_UC to setup email and my personal settings when I reflash a rom? I am not good with scripting, and/or reg edits (as were to find them). I do have it installing my cabs just fine... I used MightRom if that makes a difference, but don't think it really does... Thanks in advanced
Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: XDA UC Email/Personal Information

Sure can.......... Right below click on the link.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113189

For the life of Me, I don't know why that thread is not a Sticky.......................... Hint Hint

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCG News Manager
Threadstarter

JasonFieldz is keeping up the good workJasonFieldz is keeping up the good workJasonFieldz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to JasonFieldz Send a message via Yahoo to JasonFieldz Send a message via Skype™ to JasonFieldz

Thanks - I actually had this bookmarked from the other day - but thought that it was just SDconfig, and not XDA_UC. See I have XDA_UC set and working to install cabs, which I must say is sweet. I have an activesync (exchange) email that reloads all my contacts, and emails, and calendar, which readds all my favorite contacts in manilla...I add my facebook which then relinks all their pictures, etc...

Problem that I have is after I install the cabs (now easly with XDA_UC) then I have to set up my 4 emails (exchange, GMAIL, Yahoo, Hotmail) then I have to set up facebook, and then I have to set up my personal information... Yeah don't take long but be awesome to have just one step to do it all.. I am scared of scripting to be honest - just that I don't think I could do it... Basically because I do not know XML files...

But thanks for the page, I will have to dive in and hope I don't crash anything. I get frusterated easy. I would like to ask for some help though in doing this, maybe over IM, to help me understand what is being wrote in these scripts... I am one that likes to not only know what it is doing, but how and why.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mdean11 is a n00b

I was having the same trouble, what I did for my e-mail settings was download and install sashimi 8.0 to my phone, when you do that it comes with a program called makisu. You can use makisu to make an .xml file for your individual e-mail accounts then save them to your xda_uc folder and when you flash they will be automatically set up for you.

Open Makisu
select e-mail
put in your info
add to batch
then go to xml operations
then create xml
then save it to xda_uc

For your facebook, and twitter settings, use total commander

Select plugins
select HKLM
select software
select htc
copy the folder HTCAccountManager to your xda_uc folder and it will automatically set your log in info for you when u flash

Last edited by mdean11; 06-23-2010 at 07:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonFieldz View Post
Thanks - I actually had this bookmarked from the other day - but thought that it was just SDconfig, and not XDA_UC. See I have XDA_UC set and working to install cabs, which I must say is sweet. I have an activesync (exchange) email that reloads all my contacts, and emails, and calendar, which readds all my favorite contacts in manilla...I add my facebook which then relinks all their pictures, etc...

Problem that I have is after I install the cabs (now easly with XDA_UC) then I have to set up my 4 emails (exchange, GMAIL, Yahoo, Hotmail) then I have to set up facebook, and then I have to set up my personal information... Yeah don't take long but be awesome to have just one step to do it all.. I am scared of scripting to be honest - just that I don't think I could do it... Basically because I do not know XML files...

But thanks for the page, I will have to dive in and hope I don't crash anything. I get frusterated easy. I would like to ask for some help though in doing this, maybe over IM, to help me understand what is being wrote in these scripts... I am one that likes to not only know what it is doing, but how and why.
To be honest I don't even use it, I can go from a hard reset to everything installed and configured on my phone in like 30 minutes, I have done it sooooo many time its crazy. but to my defense, I think I only install like 20ish cabs, I setup Google Sync and enter info in Account management and thats about it, nothing to overwhelming.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCG News Manager
Threadstarter

Yeah I used to do it the "hard way" and it only takes me a few minutes, but I keep reading about how nice it is to flash and be done, and that is one nice thing that I like. I am just experimenting, and I am a flashoholic - when Mighty has a new rom I try it so it is always a pain to do everything all over again jsut to get the way I like it.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

What I did was setup my e-mail one last time and run Ziggy's app that created email.xml then I created a folder on my SD named XDA_UC and placed the email.xml and it worked for MM & Energy hope this helps
Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCG News Manager
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakko69 View Post
What I did was setup my e-mail one last time and run Ziggy's app that created email.xml then I created a folder on my SD named XDA_UC and placed the email.xml and it worked for MM & Energy hope this helps

Where is this app? I have found all the registry keys I need for everything else it is just the email I am lacking...
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

here http://www.ziggy471.com/downloads/?did=1
Old 06-24-2010, 03:33 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1276
check this post for my email xml's, there's gmail, hotmail, and yahoo in there, just open up each xml with notepad and add your info, save and transfer to your xda_uc folder.
if you go here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdispl...er=desc&page=5
you'll see calkulin's old wvga kitchen thread, click on the paperclip in the title and it brings up all the files uploaded alphabetically. Scroll down and you'll see an exchange provisioning zip file that has the xml.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sdconfig, xda_uc