PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Please HELP ASAP!!!!!

Okay, i have a huge problem i've never run into before and i've searched everywhere and could not find a direct answer. I've been flashing quite a few roms and just decided to go back to stock. When i went back to stock my signal is awful i'm getting o - 2 bars when before i was getting full signal.. I don't know how this happened or how to fix this issue, i've tried re-flashing stock (twice) and hard resetting but to no avail.. Any suggestions or answers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Please HELP ASAP!!!!!

try running Update PRL. if that doesn't work, flash a different radio. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
try running Update PRL. if that doesn't work, flash a different radio. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342
I've tried updating the profile and prl but it dosen't seem to work well.. I guess i'll have to give the radio a shot, i hope something works, i really don't wanna take the phone back to sprint. Thanks for your quick reply though.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

on my diamond, i used the telus radio in PA and it worked way better for me than the verizon one, which works better in northern mi, jsut keep trying the diff ones and see where it takes you

Last edited by patheticpuma; 06-23-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
on my diamond, i used the telus radio in PA and it worked way better for me than the verizon one, which works better in northern mi, jsut keep trying the diff ones and see where it takes you
Radios aren't making a difference either, any other solutions i appreciate everyones help.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
Radios aren't making a difference either, any other solutions i appreciate everyones help.
which radios did you try?

are you sure it happened right when you flashed the stock rom? cause it could be a network problem or tower maintenance. did you call sprint and ask?

when you ran the update profile and prl, did they successfully update or did they fail?

try flashing the original stock rom instead of the MR1 update.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
which radios did you try?

are you sure it happened right when you flashed the stock rom? cause it could be a network problem or tower maintenance. did you call sprint and ask?

when you ran the update profile and prl, did they successfully update or did they fail?

try flashing the original stock rom instead of the MR1 update.
I tried flashing different sprint radios. I Flashed the MR1 because that's the rom my phone came with when i got it. I don't know what i did or how i did it but i think your right about the tower thing because my phone just suddenly picked up a 4 - 5 bar signal out 7 (after a hour of trying to fix it) which is good enough for me at the moment. Thank you to everybody i really apreciate everyone trying to help my heart stopped for a few minutes thinking i was gonna have to go to sprint and get a refurb or they wernt gonna be able to do anything. I think i'm the happiest person on earth right now lol.

Last edited by machineking369; 06-23-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

well this is a very non technical solutuion, you could dial *18 send if i recall this does a manual search for strongest signal and jumps to that tower.

if im misinterpreting the action of *18 please correct me, i just know once in a while at work a *18 will get me an extra bar or two.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
well this is a very non technical solutuion, you could dial *18 send if i recall this does a manual search for strongest signal and jumps to that tower.

if im misinterpreting the action of *18 please correct me, i just know once in a while at work a *18 will get me an extra bar or two.
I tried out your *18 idea but it didn't do anything but thanks anyway i got the issue fixed on it's own somehow. I don't know why that happened but it did. Anyway I told myself after it happened i was just gonna leave the phone stock and not mess with it anymore but i really wanna flash to (Sprint lovers offical 6.5) but i'm afraid it will happen again. I Just really want to get rid of this SOD it's so annoying that i have to pull out the stylus, take off the battery cover and reset it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2