PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Jackietreehorn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Connection Issue - Sprint TP2

So, I'm still running WM6.1 because I haven't had time to download the ROM and figure out if there was a quick and easy way to transfer contacts and things, make sure the apps I use work in 6.5, etc...

With that said, I'm having a problem with Data. It worked as recently as 5 hours ago in WM, and now, while it looks like it's trying to make a connection, I can't load any pages, nor refresh weather. No outage in the area according to Sprint. So, I got curious, and tried booting to Android. In Android, the data connection works exactly as it should. Argh.

Tried a soft reboot, removed the battery, updated my profile, all no dice. Any other ideas? I'd prefer not to hard reset, but as with many of you I'm sure, the phone is of very limited use without data to me.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jackietreehorn; 06-23-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Re: Data Connection Issue - Srint TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
So, I'm still running WM6.1 because I haven't had time to download the ROM and figure out if there was a quick and easy way to transfer contacts and things, make sure the apps I use work in 6.5, etc...

With that said, I'm having a problem with Data. It worked as recently as 5 hours ago in WM, and now, while it looks like it's trying to make a connection, I can't load any pages, nor refresh weather. No outage in the area according to Sprint. So, I got curious, and tried booting to Android. In Android, the data connection works exactly as it should. Argh.

Tried a soft reboot, removed the battery, updated my profile, all no dice. Any other ideas? I'd prefer not to hard reset, but as with many of you I'm sure, the phone is of very limited use without data to me.

Thanks.
are you getting data failure error code 67? If you installed any "tethering" hacks try uninstalling them. It happened to me before but i fixed the issue with a hard reset and a registry edit instead of the cab file.. You could also try dialing #DATA## on your keypad and seeing if data is enabled on your device. Sometimes it randomly shuts off for some reason happened to me when i owned a touch pro.. There's a reg edit to restore it if that's the issue or you could get your msl and manually edit it. Hope all of this information helped.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Jackietreehorn is a n00b
Re: Data Connection Issue - Sprint TP2

The only tethering option I have installed at all is the HTC Wifi tether program...which I tried uninstalling, but no dice. Looks like I may be headed for a Hard Reset...and I guess as long as I'll be doing it, perhaps upgrading to 6.5 at the same time.

Out of curiosity, is the upgrade an actual upgrade (keeps your data), or is it like a hard reset/reinstall, and if so, is there a quick and easy way to back up contacts? I'm sure I'll have to find out on my own, but it would be much appreciated if someone knows.

Last edited by Jackietreehorn; 06-23-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling Error...hooray for 1:45 am posts
Old 06-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Data Connection Issue - Sprint TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
The only tethering option I have installed at all is the HTC Wifi tether program...which I tried uninstalling, but no dice. Looks like I may be headed for a Hard Reset...and I guess as long as I'll be doing it, perhaps upgrading to 6.5 at the same time.

Out of curiosity, is the upgrade and actual upgrade (keeps your data), or is it like a hard reset/reinstall, and if so, is there a quick and easy way to back up contacts? I'm sure I'll have to find out on my own, but it would be much appreciated if someone knows.
microsoft myphone:
http://sn1-p2.myphone.microsoft.com/...t.po?mkt=en-US

it will back up and restore all contacts, appt's, texts, pictures etc, you choose what it backs up.

edit, and it will wipe your phone so back it up.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2