PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro 850
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

brandon311 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 on Alltel Digital Roaming

Thanks Mr. X I appreciate it. Only problem when I do ##RTN# (##786#) nothing happens the TP2 just treats it as if it is a normal phone call.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon311 View Post
Thanks Mr. X I appreciate it. Only problem when I do ##RTN# (##786#) nothing happens the TP2 just treats it as if it is a normal phone call.
try ##RTN then talk
we need to do a radio reset so the pri can populate your NVM with the correct connection info.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon311 is a n00b

Neither input messages worked. I just Googled it and found this quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
oh...##RTN does not work on the verizon tp2. so maybe flash the telus stock rom and it might work. can you elaborate any on why you need to do this? cause ##RTN is the only easy reset option you can use. you can send me a private message if you want to discuss privately.
is there any other way to reset?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Neither input messages worked. I just Googled it and found this quote

is there any other way to reset?

try ##778 and tell me if you have sprint crap in your mip profile
Old 06-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon311 is a n00b

Nope... still Alltel.net however, the digital roaming went away but the data still isn't that great and calls are easily dropped. I checked the settings and the PRI did change though.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Nope... still Alltel.net however, the digital roaming went away but the data still isn't that great and calls are easily dropped. I checked the settings and the PRI did change though.
alright put the altel PRI back on

then do a hard reset and hopefully you're good to go. this being a world phone RTN doesn't appear to be working.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon311 is a n00b

I should have been more specific... the PRI is the one that you gave me the 2.08_002. After loading that on is that all I can do since the RTN doesn't work? I'm clueless as to why I can't get EVDO and only 1x. I changed the PRL again and still nothing.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I should have been more specific... the PRI is the one that you gave me the 2.08_002. After loading that on is that all I can do since the RTN doesn't work? I'm clueless as to why I can't get EVDO and only 1x. I changed the PRL again and still nothing.
Well its not authenticating on the evdo network.

Do a hard reset and pull your battery and hope that it authenticates now with the correct pri since you're no longer digitally roaming
Old 06-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon311 is a n00b

I hate to bump this but I thought I had MMS working... I can send messages. But I can't receive them. I've changed my MMS settings but I still couldn't receive. Anyway, I found this post and thought that may be a fix. Unfortunately, step 1 wouldn't install in a different thread I found that it wasn't 100% necessary to uninstall MMS so I continued to step 2 that installed. Then step 3 didn't install so I gave up. The only difference is in the Connect via tab Alltel Wireless now exists. I don't understand why I can send but every time I receive a MMS Message it says Failed to Download.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
I hate to bump this but I thought I had MMS working... I can send messages. But I can't receive them. I've changed my MMS settings but I still couldn't receive. Anyway, I found this post and thought that may be a fix. Unfortunately, step 1 wouldn't install in a different thread I found that it wasn't 100% necessary to uninstall MMS so I continued to step 2 that installed. Then step 3 didn't install so I gave up. The only difference is in the Connect via tab Alltel Wireless now exists. I don't understand why I can send but every time I receive a MMS Message it says Failed to Download.

Thanks
it would help if you tell us what you have for your mms settings so that we know if something is wrong there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
alltel, conflipper, pro2, roaming, touch