PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

canosgmk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need understanding of OCONAS travel

Hello folks.

You guys helped me tons in showing me the correct threads and stuff when i had my HTC TouchPro. Sense then, the thing died on me (keyboard didn't work and it would recycle every 2 hours).

I bought a HTC Touch Pro 2. Had it for about 8 months, so now I am thinking about installing a new rom and things.

Here is the part I need guidance.

> I am traveling to Germany in two weeks (for work). The phone i bought claims to be 'unlocked and ready to use'. There is a Sprint SIM card in it now. What do i need to do to be able to use the phone in Germany with out spending the stupid $1.50 a min Sprint is telling me I have to do...

> How can i find out if my SIM is unlocked before going overseas?

> If I reflash my ROM, do i have to go though and get the SIM slot unlocked and update the radio??

> Is there anything i should know about that I didn't ask?

I am leaving in two weeks, so i have to pull this stuff together kind of fast

Sorry, i know this has been talked about before, but the search are not pulling up the threads that has the information I need.

Thank you for the help everyone!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Need understanding of OCONAS travel

I don't know the answers, but you would have better luck moving this to the Touch Pro 2 forum.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Touch Diamond: BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I reported it so the mods would move it.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes...the sprint tp2 already comes sim unlocked for international use. to verify it, go to Start>Settings>Personal tab>Security. it will indicate if your phone's sim is unlocked or not.

and all you need to do is to buy a pre-paid sim in germany, pop it in the sim card slot, make sure to change your network to GSM....and you're good to go! you may or may not get 3G. it just depends on the carrier and the area you're at.

if you're looking to connect to data with your phone, you may need to get data settings from the pre-paid sim's carrier. or.......contact sprint to activate international data. it's like $40/mo but it is pro-rated (to like $2 a day).

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 06-22-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro> TP2> Soon to Samusng Epic 4G !
Carrier: Sprint!!

dinkey is just getting started

sprint touch pro 2 is already unlocked for all sims except U.S. carriers so you should be fine if you use a german sim.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

canosgmk is a n00b

outstanding!

Looks like Im shopping for a prepaid sim card.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2