PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 10:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

notinkeys is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WMWifirouter loses connection

I have a Sprint TP2, using the newer stock ROM, and the latest WMWifirouter (2.00). I had been using it just fine for a short while here at work until last Thursday, when suddenly after 5 to 10 minutes, I lose the internet connection. The phone truly does lose the connection- I cannot even pull up anything in the browser, which I could before.

I don't know if, perhaps, another wireless router is conflicting with the channel the TP2 uses or if it is something else. I've checked to make sure it has been set to full power, and it is literally only inches away from the netbook I connect with.

I can still connect to the net using PDAnet and plugging my cell into my netbook, but it is slower and prone to dropping out.

Suggestions?

Thanks, all.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: WMWifirouter loses connection

not much help but little info, im on custom rom using same app and all is good here.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

notinkeys is a n00b

Thanks, Darren. BTW, love the avatar. LOL

I think I'm getting interference, perhaps. A coworker also tried it on his phone and had trouble a couple of days before I did. I used it for a while with no trouble, so I'm not sure what is going on.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cktech71 is a n00b

I gave up on that app kills the battery in less then a hour and never stays connected.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

notinkeys is a n00b

I don't have a problem with the connection staying functional anyplace but here at work. And since my phone is plugged into the charger, the battery stays charged fine.

I ran it at home last night for a good while without losing the connection, so whatever the issue is, it is in this location. I'm right next to a window, and the signal strength is excellent- full bars.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

notinkeys is a n00b

Go figure. Today? Two and a half hours and not a single belch.

Is there a way to set which channel this uses? Or do I need to write the support folks? I looked but didn't find anything, but when you're distracted by actual work issues it's easy to miss something.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

LGCubana is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinkeys View Post
...I ran it at home last night for a good while without losing the connection, so whatever the issue is, it is in this location. I'm right next to a window, and the signal strength is excellent- full bars.
I'm assuming that you are referencing the home screen; those bars are for your Phone signal.

In one of my locations I have access to a Sprint Air Rave (which only boosts the CDMA/phone signal) which gives me all bars, but the data signal can flip flop between EV, 1X and squat.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

notinkeys is a n00b

LGC. the signal strength is good here; I must be very close to a tower. It never flickers from EV to 1X. Even when I was having trouble using the browser, it remained EV.

And yes, I know the bars were for phone signal, but you couldn't be sure if I was a n00b or not.

As I mentioned I am right next to a window, looking out into a beautiful industrial park. Ah... the thrill of warehouses and delivery truck centers...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2