PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

unclep23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
to much memory

How do I free up some of my memory? I have no programs running , but every time I try to use my camera or open a program it says not enough memory to launch. What can I get rid of ? It shows where programs are supposed to be running for me to close but there is nothing there or open.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: to much memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclep23 View Post
How do I free up some of my memory? I have no programs running , but every time I try to use my camera or open a program it says not enough memory to launch. What can I get rid of ? It shows where programs are supposed to be running for me to close but there is nothing there or open.
What percent are you running at?? Whenever there isn't enough memory...which I have yet to see on my TP2...always do a soft reset and it should free up memory...or you can try a program called CleanRAM which I have heard works good...
Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: us cellular
Threadstarter

unclep23 is a n00b

If its a percentage that you look up to in the right corner its showing 93 percent. I have 14.82 mb free program.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
If its a percentage that you look up to in the right corner its showing 93 percent. I have 14.82 mb free program.
Yea, that is ridiculously high. Soft reset and then see what the percentage is right after it is finished booting up.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:18 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
WOAHHHHH SAILOR!!! Soft Reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Yea, that is ridiculously high. Soft reset and then see what the percentage is right after it is finished booting up.
LOL....
Old 06-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What ROM are you running? My friend who has a TILT2 that is stock has the same troubles
Old 06-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I want to see a SS of your memory please.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

cleanRAM doesn't really clean that well i noticed because on some days i still have to SR because the RAM was inexplicably @ 87% with no programs running. what the hell has Sprint put in this ROM that takes up so much RAM we pay $200 for a phone that's advertised as having 288mb ram but with only 88 of it free at startup.when i had my tp i was well over 100mb
Old 06-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
cleanRAM doesn't really clean that well i noticed because on some days i still have to SR because the RAM was inexplicably @ 87% with no programs running. what the hell has Sprint put in this ROM that takes up so much RAM we pay $200 for a phone that's advertised as having 288mb ram but with only 88 of it free at startup.when i had my tp i was well over 100mb
That statement does not really make scene, go buy a computer from a store that has a 100GB hard drive and let me know if you have 100GB Free? you don't. you have software installed you have programs running you have connections and things working.

If you are new to WM or any smart phone or computers I am sorry if you don't understand how they work, the memory is there so it can be used, should have been around in the days when these smart phones had like 32MB or only 64MB of ram talk about being picky about what you installed.

So its running at 87% is the phone still working? Mine stays around 70 to 80% all the time but its still smooth as butter and works and thats what really matters.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
That statement does not really make scene, go buy a computer from a store that has a 100GB hard drive and let me know if you have 100GB Free? you don't. you have software installed you have programs running you have connections and things working.

If you are new to WM or any smart phone or computers I am sorry if you don't understand how they work, the memory is there so it can be used, should have been around in the days when these smart phones had like 32MB or only 64MB of ram talk about being picky about what you installed.

So its running at 87% is the phone still working? Mine stays around 70 to 80% all the time but its still smooth as butter and works and thats what really matters.
i kno how they work i used to have a Dell Axim x51v that only had 30mb to work with. im sayin is what's the difference between the tp and the tp2 that has to take up so much RAM (on my tp i would boot with 106mb free vs only 89mb free on the tp2)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2