PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Exclamation Just "upgraded" to 6.5 /Sence 2.5 and having a few issues...

Just flashed Verizon's new MR2 update, which upgrades WinMo 6.5/Sense 2.1 to WinMo 6.5/Sense 2.5... and I'm running into a few issues:

-Slide to Unlock: I hate the fact that every time I turn off the screen, the phone automaticly locks. Any way to disable the auto lock or limit when it kicks in?

-Sense "Music" tab: Every time the phone is turned off or resets (I swap batteries first thing in the morning), I loose all the previously recognized library information (specificlly artist info). If I do a search through Windows Media Player, it all comes back... but it's annying having to do this EVERY DAY... especially when it wasn't an issue with Sense 2.1.

-Why does the home screen always display "0 New Voicemail"? Is there a way to change what tabs are displayed? Say the next caladar appointment, instead?

-Start Menu: Where can I get a 4-colum programs .cab for the displayed Start Menu programs. The one I had for 2.1 doesn't work.

-Programs tab: Where can I find a .cab to add a "Programs" tab back into the slider icons? The one I had for 2.1 doesn't work.

-Windows 6.5 menus: Where can I find a 4-icons .cab for all WinMo 6.5 menus? The one I had for 2.1 doesn't work.

Please no "use the search feature" responces. I have and except for the massive sliders/clocks theme threads, I've struck out.

So far, I'm less than thrilled with 6.5/2.5... can you help?

Last edited by msh441; 06-18-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Just "upgraded" to 6.5 /Sence 2.5 and having a few issues...

ive got my music library set to load at startup all you have to do is
1) go into the Windows folder
2) Find AudioManager.exe and create a shortcut (.lnk)
3) Place this .lnk in \Windows\Start Up
4) You should be good to go

Why does the home tab show "voicemails" instead of "call history" like in 2.1? Install Cookie's Home Tab 1.8 or wait until tomorrow for 1.8.5.

Oh yea, and use the search feature... lmao j/k. 2.5 is way better IMO, just takes a little getting used to
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
ive got my music library set to load at startup all you have to do is
1) go into the Windows folder
2) Find AudioManager.exe and create a shortcut (.lnk)
3) Place this .lnk in \Windows\Start Up
4) You should be good to go

Why does the home tab show "voicemails" instead of "call history" like in 2.1? Install Cookie's Home Tab 1.8 or wait until tomorrow for 1.8.5.

Oh yea, and use the search feature... lmao j/k. 2.5 is way better IMO, just takes a little getting used to
Ahhh, your awsome puff! I owe you big-time!

I just found Santod's killer thread with a bunch of tweaks. I've ALMOST got it right where I want.

2.5 is definately snappy. Just fighting the learning curve while being behind other users that have had 2.5 for 3-4 months+.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no prob man
Old 06-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
Ahhh, your awsome puff! I owe you big-time!

I just found Santod's killer thread with a bunch of tweaks. I've ALMOST got it right where I want.

2.5 is definately snappy. Just fighting the learning curve while being behind other users that have had 2.5 for 3-4 months+.
It grows on you pretty quick, I held out on 2.5 for along time. Once I took the leap I had wished I did a lot earlier lol.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 AM
N00b

FP5241 is a n00b

I too waited. Glad i finally did it tho. I installed Max Manila today and it makes the 2.5 experience much better. It would also solve the call history issue. I also did a hard reset as soon as I upgraded in case any old files or programs were around.

Last edited by FP5241; 06-19-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

After a couple days: As suspected, it is growing on me. Definately snappy compared to 2.1. I definately like the speed. Still looking for answers to the following:

-Slide to Unlock: ...every time I turn off the screen... necessary? Hated it at first. Getting used to it now, but would still like to have a little more control over when it kicks in.

-Start Menu: Where can I get a 4-colum programs .cab for the displayed Start Menu programs. Or have the start menu display the standart WinMo 6.5 start menu. The .cabs I had for 2.1 don't seem to work.

-Programs tab: Where can I find a .cab to add a "Programs" tab back into the slider icons? The one I had for 2.1 doesn't work. Also changing the registry entry in HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila doesn't work, either ("programs tab is hidden" from 1 to 0).
Old 06-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
After a couple days: As suspected, it is growing on me. Definately snappy compared to 2.1. I definately like the speed. Still looking for answers to the following:

-Slide to Unlock: ...every time I turn off the screen... necessary? Hated it at first. Getting used to it now, but would still like to have a little more control over when it kicks in.

-Start Menu: Where can I get a 4-colum programs .cab for the displayed Start Menu programs. Or have the start menu display the standart WinMo 6.5 start menu. The .cabs I had for 2.1 don't seem to work.

-Programs tab: Where can I find a .cab to add a "Programs" tab back into the slider icons? The one I had for 2.1 doesn't work. Also changing the registry entry in HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila doesn't work, either ("programs tab is hidden" from 1 to 0).
Cookie's Home Tab 1.8.5 will solve the 1st and 2nd ones... not to mention many many more extras (screenshot).. i dont know about the programs tab... i did the reg edits to try and add it on sprint 6.1/2.1 and it caused problems with my softbar. so i never bothered trying on 6.5/2.5. anyone out there added the programs tab to sense 2.5?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010620_004.jpg (12.7 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

i too tried the usual regedits for going to the stock start screen only to screwup the taskbar.

So left the reg edits alone and use cookies home tab with 4x4 quick links and 3 pages of them.

After initially setting them up I have not gone back to the stock start menu to run any apps.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tried Cookie's for a bit. Handy. And REALLY pretty. I uninstalled it, though. It's hrd to explain, though: I sort of like the piece-meal mods... a little tweak here... a little edit there. Easy to un-do and a one-of-a-kind final product.

I've just about got things sorted. A combination of Santod's stealth sliders, no curtains, 16 stealth links (w/none assigned in the top 4 spots/showing on the home screen) and working BG4All (+ other minor transparency tweeks):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101648

...and a great compilation list of Rhodium 2.5 tweeks compiled by "smaberg" on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584415

...plus a few good old ones here (camera, show Opera in task manager and some others):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...d+notification

MightyMike's pinned "Tweeks, Hacks and Mods" thread here used to be THE spot to look... but at over a hundred pages long it's sort of difficult to sort through it all. Combine that with many the tweeks working ONLY for 2.1, and others simply leading to dead links... it's a PITA to get much from it anymore.

Last edited by msh441; 06-22-2010 at 02:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2