PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 RHOD400
Carrier: Iwireless(T-Mobile Affiliate)

mcjewpants is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA to GSM Problems! Please Help!

Hello Everybody!

Let me just start by saying this site is great! I'm a new member to this one, but have been on XDA-Dev for quite a while. You guys are very helpful and seem to have quite a bit of knowledge in the PDA world. I wouldnt consider myself a complete noob, as I have flashed several GSM ROMs to my Kaiser and Wizard. The problem I'm having is a bit out of my norm so I am hoping somebody can help me. I'm not sure what sub-forum I should be in right now, so i'm posting here. I recently ended up with a RHOD400 from Sprint. I know Sprint is a CDMA network, and that I use a T-Mobile affiliate that is GSM. I am pretty sure I was told that this phone can do both because it's a "worldphone" and has a SIM slot built into it. The problem is that I brought the phone home, purchased the SIM-Unlock from from Olipro, used it, and did a HardSPL on the phone. I then tried flashing a new ROM onto it. I think I may have messed up and tried flashing a GSM ROM by mistake so of course my phone pretty much bricked out and would only go to the splash screen. I read up on Task29, used it and cleared my memory. Then I used the ENERGY ROM and successfully got it flashed. As glad as I am that the phone isnt bricked, it still wont make phone calls. When I try to make calls, I get a voice message that states "Your Account Could Not Be Validated". I dont understand. Like I said, I have SIM Unlocked and Security Unlocked this phone, Done a HardSPL, and flashed a Custom RUU(Energy) to the phone, went into my phone settings and changed the band type to GSM with auto network selection, and even downloaded and flashed the patched Radios WU. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and dont know where to go from here. The phone seems to find my SIM, because it lists the contacts I have that are saved into the SIM. Any help would be amazing at this point because I REALLY like this phone and am just clueless. Sorry to be such a Noob with all these questions, but I'm used to GSM only phones and have never used a CDMA before.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium Sprint
Carrier: INDOSAT & Smart

Incrediboy is a n00b
Re: CDMA to GSM Problems! Please Help!

When u flash GSM ROM, does it include RADIO ROM or just the OS? Cos if u did include GSM RADIO, u have to flash CDMA RADIO. U could find CDMA Radio on this very site.
When I use Task 29, I use RADIO ROM instead of splash screen. And after using Task 29 with radio rom, I flash custom ROM such as MightyROM and EnergyROM. Till now everything works great!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:23 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I know something about the sim unlock, but don't flash anymore. hold on soldier, help is coming . I do know that a lot of people can help you.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: CDMA to GSM Problems! Please Help!

does the sprint side work after flash, (did you run the provisioning program)?
Other than that, instead of picking auto under gsm, you might need to pick t-mobile's specific radio freq. 1900 mhz. try that and see if it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2