PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why would a soft reset wipe my phone?

I am using Freezas Barenaked ROM on my TP2 and had everything going ok. I was trying to soft reset on the screen and it was just highlighting the Icon. I couldn't get anything to work so I took the back off and did a soft reset like I have done many times on my phone in the past and pressed the button with the stylus.

My phone rebooted, the ROM shows, but NOTHING is there but the bare ROM. How in the did that happen?

I don't know if anyone has even encountered this, but looks like I wont be using that ROM if this happens. Also too, it shows in memory I have about what I did when I had everything installed.

Any thoughts? I will probably have to go back to my old stock ROM with SPB installed over it.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Why would a soft reset wipe my phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
I am using Freezas Barenaked ROM on my TP2 and had everything going ok. I was trying to soft reset on the screen and it was just highlighting the Icon. I couldn't get anything to work so I took the back off and did a soft reset like I have done many times on my phone in the past and pressed the button with the stylus.

My phone rebooted, the ROM shows, but NOTHING is there but the bare ROM. How in the did that happen?

I don't know if anyone has even encountered this, but looks like I wont be using that ROM if this happens. Also too, it shows in memory I have about what I did when I had everything installed.

Any thoughts? I will probably have to go back to my old stock ROM with SPB installed over it.
I couldn't tell ya why, but if all your stuff is backed up, I would just hard reset it to see if it helps.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post

You need to use task29 or flash back to a shipped rom. Then flash your custom ROM. Task29 is the simplest and you can find a thread in the upgrade forums for tp2. It will solve the soft-reset turns into a hard-reset problem (caused by things not being completely wiped between flashing ROMs).
Old 06-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

after a hard flash either with stock or another rom, if issues seems weird, best is to hard reset after a complete new install to get rid of stuff that still hanging around. I dont find it necessary to go to stock then to custom again as you can still get stock stuff hanging out

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

that sucks man, but it doesn't sound unusual to me.... it sounds like the ROM crashed. It happens a lot with many custom roms, some more than others. If you don't already have it, get PIM backup..

Old 06-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There is a bumber sticker that comes to mind about what happened.

**** happens

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2