PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

cloudtp2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help me fix my phone problems with a new rom plz

hi, new to the forums, i think u guys can help me, i love this site, helping me alot so far. im new to wm, so id dont know how to install a new rom, so maybe u can direct me in the right direction and help me choose the right 1 for me. i have a pro2 from sprint
so here the thing, i love this phone, well i did. i got it when it first came out. i thought it was the ****. i was excited to upgrade to the 6.5 rom from sprint, thats where it all went wrong (i bet u heard this before). i even rec. this phone to may clients and coworkers, now they hate it (and me) lol. i try to defend it but cant cuz i know it sucks.
so here the problems, u heard them before. its slow!... i get the "phone out of memory" message all day, i have to soft reset alot. i get lots of mms, about 100 a day, and have to delete them, i hate to do that since i forget what the client was talking about. if i dont, it takes about 3mins to load the messages, (makes me wanna throw the phone) very frustrating!. i sometimes cant answer calls, the slider sticks! wtf!! is that all about. emailes are ok. i use alittle internet, facebook and forums like this, some youtube, nav is awesome.
i love the keyboard, im fast and accurate, but whats up with the screen when u tilt it sidways. i cant see the letters cuz there cut off half way, i have to press the keyboard button then it goes to normal. that should be fixed!
a client of mine has the evo, but i feel like im holding a brick, i dont like the onscreen keyboard. i like the pro2 just need to tweek it, i think.
i need a stable rom. 1 that was like the 6.1 but looks nice like 6.5 or better. i know this was long, but i hope u guys can help me get the rom i need. thx!!! hopefully i can be flashed this weekend . lol thx again
Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: help me fix my phone problems with a new rom plz

Step 1. Unlock your phone,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Step 2. Lots and lots of reading about the different custom ROM's

Step 3. Install custom ROM,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Step 4. Enjoy

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the steps, im on it right know, but i need help on step 2, lots and lots of them, thats where it gets confusing, what 1 do i get??
Old 06-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
thanks for the steps, im on it right know, but i need help on step 2, lots and lots of them, thats where it gets confusing, what 1 do i get??
It all depends on wht you're looking for...

6.5 vs. 6.5.X?
Eye Candy?
Stability?
Speed?

I've always used MightyROM, but best way to find out is try it out and see for yourself!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well im looking for it all.. lol. i dont know the difference between 6.5 and 6.5x. i have 6.5 sprint right now
Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I recommend S3 Rom by Deck. I'm using version 11.5 but he's releasing 13 soon.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

+1 for MightyROM loving his Full Force 6.5.5 ROM so far have been running for over a month with no huge problems so far. Check out whats out there though theres a bunch of new ROM's running MaxSense es[ically from BiG and NRG which can be found on the forums which gives the sens 2.5 a whole new feel. With all the ROM's that are avaliable to us constant flashers there is plenty of reading for you to do. Any questions on specific ROM's PM me or PM the ROM chef they are always helpful!!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nice.. thank you. i just did step 1, now its time to read some more, what to choose what to chose, so many. lol
Old 06-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
nice.. thank you. i just did step 1, now its time to read some more, what to choose what to chose, so many. lol
best thing to do is try them, it make take a little while to find the one you like but you will. that's the great thing about this forum is the ability to have lots of choices.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

im sooo confused, ahhhh. im trying mightyrom, "it says I HIGHLY recommend that you flash this (called Task29) before you do MightyRO.M!" i go to there, and dont understand what hes saying to do. it says
INSTRUCTIONS:
- download and unzip
- put you favorite RADIO in the mix
- run then task29.exe and wait for it to finish.....
- device will reboot but will neva go past the bootscreen coz there is no OS to boot
- take our batti and then flash a rom using mSD card or by taking device into bootloader and using customRUU to load ur favorite ROM

whats a radio, dont have a fav. and whats a batti?? thats where i get all lost

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2