PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Softreset w/ wired 3.5mm headset on would mute my TP2, how to solove this? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124692)

Procter 06-10-2010 11:32 PM

Softreset w/ wired 3.5mm headset on would mute my TP2, how to solove this?

I just started to use my TP2 to listen to music and watch videos more frequently and noticed this problem. Almost every time I soft reset the phone with wired headset plugged in, my phone would be mute. No sound coming out from either the headset or the speaker. And I need to soft reset again to clear this out.

Unlike the previously reported headset stuck problem, I never had the headset icon stuck on screen (with phone being muted). And a soft reset with headset unplugged always solved the problem. I've babied my headset and phone, so I do not think I've accidentally damaged the pins or jack.

Has anyone got similar problem?

BTW I'm using Sprint stock 6.5 rom.](*,)](*,)](*,)

puff601 06-10-2010 11:47 PM

Re: Softreset w/ wired 3.5mm headset on would mute my TP2, how to solove this?

I have also noticed this on stock sprint 6.5! ive never had the icon stuck but sometimes if i soft reset and headphones are plugged in, all sound is muted. rintones, system sounds, windows startup sound, everything. it seems like the driver or whatever controls the sound is not loaded at startup or something like that. anyone else?

deadwrong03 06-11-2010 01:37 AM

i've had this issue as well on the latest mighty rom sense 2.5 rom

jae18708 06-11-2010 02:22 AM

I actually had this problem on a custom rom, then I went to MightyRom and never seen it again. Also, on that custom rom, if I used cleanRam Level 3 it would break audio.

orbxx7 06-11-2010 03:59 AM

i think this will happen to ALL touch pro 2s with manilla 2.5+ no matter what rom. (yes this happens to me 2)

frittob 01-15-2012 10:35 AM

I'm running a ROM without Manilla (Formula's) and have same problem

elesbb 01-15-2012 02:13 PM

Had this issue on every rom . i dont think there is a fix . so just restart without the headphones plugged in xP

Tinkerbell 01-15-2012 02:42 PM

Ditto... every Rom I have tried, including my own, has this issue. Unplug and soft reset, done.

leadpoizon 01-23-2012 07:07 PM

I solved this issue for the most part in my latest sense rom and kitchen. It has to do with the windows mobile boot up sound being disabled. When enabled, this issue seems go away. You can fix this by enabling the Windows Mobile boot up sound and setting the file as a silent sound file. I tried a few times and the issue wasn't present; however, I could be wrong. :D

frittob 01-25-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadpoizon (Post 2165579)
It has to do with the windows mobile boot up sound being disabled.

Is this a registry setting? TIA