PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATT

derrioned is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash Stock Rom without Hardspl

I have searched all over but never found a clear answer to this question but I have a verizon touch pro 2 and I am having usb problems so is it possible to flash a stock verizon rom via sd card without having hardspl installed?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Flash Stock Rom without Hardspl

I want to say yes... I'm thinking I did once before, but for the life of me I can't remember 100% if i was unlocked or not... Worst could happen is you're in bootloader and nothing happens
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I am pretty sure you would not have any issues because it is stock, its the same thing as flashing with the desktop so there should not be any issue at all.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrioned View Post
I have searched all over but never found a clear answer to this question but I have a verizon touch pro 2 and I am having usb problems so is it possible to flash a stock verizon rom via sd card without having hardspl installed?
Now I hope this is understood, Your phone is already unlocked right? if so then this is what you can do.

1) Download the stock ROM (.exe file)
2) Use 7-Zip to extract the .nbh file
3) rename it to rhodimg.nbh
4) Transfer the file to the SD card (In the ROOT of the card, no folder)
5) Put in bootloader mode
6) Follow directions on screen, mine said to push power button to update
7) Restart phone.

I hope this helps.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

derrioned is a n00b

thanks for the comments but no the phone is not unlocked
Old 06-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
thanks for the comments but no the phone is not unlocked
So are you trying to upgrade to 6.5 stock ROM then?

If it was me, I'd throw the .NBH down on the SD card (see above or the SD flashing thread for directions) and try it. My bet is that it works without being unlocked, cuz like Wes said above, it's doing the same thing .EXE would do, just skipping the USB connection step.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

derrioned is a n00b

Yes I am upgrading from 6.1 to 6.5... I will try the SD card method now and post my results
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

derrioned is a n00b

Thank you guys, it worked like a charm!!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thank you guys, it worked like a charm!!
Sweet, have fun with the upgrade.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2