PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sshanky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do any ROMs have these features?

I just acquired a TP2 a few days ago, so i'm pretty inexperienced with this phone. I've tried at least 3 or 4 different ROMs thus far to get a feel for what they're like (Mighty, Energy, Mr. X, etc.).

I liked all the ROMs that I tried, but can't seem to find the right fit. Maybe it's because I'm doing something wrong and don't really understand how to use these ROMs. I've made a short list of some of the features I want but can't find, and maybe someone can either suggest the best ROM for me, or at least tell me I'm a noob who doesn't know what he's doing

1. Swipe text entry. I only see this on Energy ROM. Can it be added as a cab to other ROMs?

2. Voice dialing. Is it available anywhere?

3. Threaded email: I think i was able to sort by conversation with one of the ROMs, but can't seem to make it happen anywhere.

4. Java support - got the gmail app working on energy once, I think, but again, can't seem to make it happen now. was it a fluke?

5. Is there an easy way to eliminate the silly email preview page with the simulated pages? I want to just go to my inbox.

6. Does the FM radio work on any ROM?

Finally, I noticed on Energy that there was a Facebook merge option which seemed cool since it would add images to most of my contacts. But are there any implications to doing the merge? Will FB get info about my phone's contacts?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: Do any ROMs have these features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshanky View Post
I just acquired a TP2 a few days ago, so i'm pretty inexperienced with this phone. I've tried at least 3 or 4 different ROMs thus far to get a feel for what they're like (Mighty, Energy, Mr. X, etc.).

I liked all the ROMs that I tried, but can't seem to find the right fit. Maybe it's because I'm doing something wrong and don't really understand how to use these ROMs. I've made a short list of some of the features I want but can't find, and maybe someone can either suggest the best ROM for me, or at least tell me I'm a noob who doesn't know what he's doing

1. Swipe text entry. I only see this on Energy ROM. Can it be added as a cab to other ROMs?

3. Threaded email: I think i was able to sort by conversation with one of the ROMs, but can't seem to make it happen anywhere.

4. Java support - got the gmail app working on energy once, I think, but again, can't seem to make it happen now. was it a fluke?

5. Is there an easy way to eliminate the silly email preview page with the simulated pages? I want to just go to my inbox.

Finally, I noticed on Energy that there was a Facebook merge option which seemed cool since it would add images to most of my contacts. But are there any implications to doing the merge? Will FB get info about my phone's contacts?

I'll chime in on 6. There will never have FM radio working on a CDMA TP2 Rom . So that will clear that one up.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshanky View Post

1) Can be installed via CAB
3) I'm pretty sure this is in all the 6.5.x builds, but not sure on the 6.5 ones
6) No

FB) It will not overwrite pics assigned to contacts, but it will assign the FB pics if no pic is assigned already. it will also auto-update the pics if your friends change their profile pic. and no it doesnt send your contacts info to FB.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

1. Yes you can get it in cab form.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...66&postcount=4

2. Yes Voice Command it should already be installed.

3. Yes in a custom ROM running 6.5.x with office 2010 installed.

4. Yes some it works.

5. Turn off that tab in Sense and just use a quick link to you inbox.

6. No, Nope, No way, nada, never going to happen, and No.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

1) You can install swype on most WM devices...there are some different leaks floating around, I attached the latest one I've seen around.

2) Every ROM should come with voice dialing, its called Microsoft Voice Command...On most ROMs you can hold the send button for 3 seconds to pull up voice command. If it is not set, just go to Start > Settings > Personal and click buttons. Then chance the Send (hold) function to Voice Command. You can also use TellMe

3) I'm not sure about that setting but in Start > Settings > System > Text Messaging you can select the threaded option. In WM Messaging the is a drop down option at the top which should allow you to sort by various options (time, conversation, etc).

4) Java is functional on our phones, not sure about the gmail app though, I usually sync gmail through direct push or with seven beta (automatic e-mail push, not the check every 15 BS).

5) There is but I can't find it right now.

At the end of the day if you want a ROM that is truly yours, take the time to read about building a custom ROM, there is info everywhere!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You should be able to do all of this except for the FM Radio with the shipped rom and a few cabs.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Threadstarter

sshanky is a n00b

Thanks for the help and fast replies. I appreciate the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2