PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch pro 2: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.55 Safari/533.4)

ok like the title, i am stuck randomely in bootloader! how fun.. >)
i am running mightyroms latest, and randomely after reseting my phone it got stuck in bootloader.
i tried flashing mightyrom again through the sim but, ANYTIME THE PHONE RESETS, I.E. AFTER A FLASH I SOFT RESET, IT GOES BACK TO BOTLOADER (TRICOLOUR SCREEN) it connects to the computer and i even task29'd it i flashed succesfully radio's no errors yet it will not show me the black screen its as if the volume down button was jammed wich is extremely unprobable as ive never had issues with it before.

help appreciated thanks,

Last edited by dee91; 06-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: stuck in bootloader, help appreciated

Have you tried to flash back to stock? if it does it on stock than its got to be some kind of hardware issue.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch pro 2: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.55 Safari/533.4)

no i was hoping i wouldnt have 2 go back to stock,(obviously if there's no other ideas i will downlaod all 210mbs of that on my friends phone )
Old 06-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee91 View Post

no i was hoping i wouldnt have 2 go back to stock,(obviously if there's no other ideas i will downlaod all 210mbs of that on my friends phone )
Honestly thats going to be the best place to start, if it works fine on stock I would say you have a bad download of mightyROM, or its a bad software program you have installed on it. but it really does sound like a hardware issue.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ye... i guess, i'll download stock and if that doesnt work relock and replace
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

any chance you know the hard reset button combination? i always do the clear storage so.. thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:

any chance you know the hard reset button combination? i always do the clear storage so.. thanks
With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see a message on the screen. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset. Once the restore screen appears press Volume Up to restore the device to its factory settings or any other button to cancel. Once complete press Volume Up to reboot.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

You flashed through your SIM..??

Old 06-09-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch pro 2: Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35577; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762
Quote:

With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see a message on the screen. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset. Once the restore screen appears press Volume Up to restore the device to its factory settings or any other button to cancel. Once complete press Volume Up to reboot.
man this sucks cant hard reset goes str8 2 boot loader...
Old 06-09-2010, 04:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
You flashed through your SIM..??
wtf? never herd of this one.

op, try sdcard flashing, simple and should fix ya. did you try simple soft reset? (gotta ask)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2