PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kamitsuna is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash back to sprint...

There were a few posts for different phones but i found no answers that were correct.

Paid to flash my TP2 from sprint to cricket.... Now i need to flash it back to Sprint.

I am under the impression that just flashing the rom will not do it as I am pretty sure in order for them to flash to Cricket they had to change the ESN or some such stuff.

Any ideas on the best way to make this happen?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Flash back to sprint...

Well shoot!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

My guess is that it would be the exact opposite of how you flashed it to Cricket..

These links may help you a bit even though they're not TP2 specific... Sounds like you have to convert the Cricket PRL back to a Sprint PRL.. But you have to find the MSL and such... GL...

http://androidforums.com/all-things-...ck-sprint.html
http://www.corolada.com/prl/
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/arc.../t-114242.html

Last edited by JDM_SOHC; 06-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

The exact opposite.... Go and get my money back from the cricket store?
lol just kidding.

I know the MSL and all that...i wonder how to go about getting a sprint PRL
Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes it is very easy. Get your phone's MEID and Hex esn on Sprint--get signed up for sprint. Find your out what your MSL is. Should be 000000 if on cricket(if sprint tells you to do ##6digits# you will have to do ##000000# instead.
Get QPST. Read phone. Save file(always good to have qpst settings backed up. Go to COrolada.com/prl and Get the Sprint EVDO 60650 prl load it in the Roam tab of Qpst. Change your cricket phone numbers to the Sprint phone numbers in the CDMA tab of QPST. Write to phone. After your phone reboots on your phone go to menu>settings>about phone>updates update prl. now in the dialer on your phone hit ##data# hit restore--this will reactivate your data services on sprint.

You have to put the Sprint prl on your phone through cdma workshop or qpst. Than you could take it to a sprint store and they can flash it and sign you up for sprint service--but you will still have to do ##data# Restore to get internet working again...

hope this helps

those are directions from that first link... that 2nd link contains the supposed PRL file... You can check into that a bit first but at least it's a start...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Wow, thanx! I'll see what i can do about this then
Im not sure all of it made sense though, im hoping it will when i get a little further in.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

flashing the stock shipped rom will get you the sprint prl back.
did you already try dialing ##RTN#
that's suppose to do a RETURN TO NEW and it resets all epst settings including MSL and does a hard reset. i would try doing that after flashing the stock shipped rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

No prob man =) Just hit thanks if you feel I helped you any... GL with the process...!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2