PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weather Forecasting

Ok I think the weather tab is kind of lacking because it doesn’t have any radar capabilities. I mean really if I want to know what its doing right now I look outside but if storms are headed my way I’d like to see how much time I have before they arrive so here’s my question. Are there any radar apps for the TP2 and if not what is the best mobile friendly site to view live animated radar images?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit
Re: Weather Forecasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeunier View Post
Ok I think the weather tab is kind of lacking because it doesn’t have any radar capabilities. I mean really if I want to know what its doing right now I look outside but if storms are headed my way I’d like to see how much time I have before they arrive so here’s my question. Are there any radar apps for the TP2 and if not what is the best mobile friendly site to view live animated radar images?
I use WeatherRadar which overlays on top of the Manila weather tab. Here's a link to one of my posts where all needed files are attached and directions are given on installation:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2295
Old 06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I use GPS weatherradar, uses gps to determine where you are and gives you a radar pic of the area. Can't find the cab on here right now, but gimme a bit and I'll load her up if I can't find the thread it was from.

Edit: I can't load it up cuz I'm here at work, but if you google GPS weather pro, I believe it's freeware, works great for me, I was tracking some nasty stuff coming through my area yesterday and you can set it to loop, etc.

Last edited by fishingmedic; 06-07-2010 at 04:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 & Moto Droid (wife)
Carrier: VZW

The Machinist is keeping up the good workThe Machinist is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I use GPS weatherradar, uses gps to determine where you are and gives you a radar pic of the area. Can't find the cab on here right now, but gimme a bit and I'll load her up if I can't find the thread it was from.
GPS WeatherRadar is available in Marketplace...and incredibly enough its still free.

Here's the cabs. v2.3.1 I've been using, just found 2.4 later in this thread, so I have no idea if bug free. 2.3.1 will work with 6.1/6.5/6.5.X.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPSWeatherRadarPro_2_3_1.cab (498.1 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab GPSWeatherRadarPro_2_4.cab (516.6 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by The Machinist; 06-13-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: to add .cab files
Old 06-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

Seems like I used this (and loved it) on Windows 6.1, but once I went to Windows 6.5.x it stopped working consistently. I don't recall the issues, but I know I found it intolerable. What versions of Windows and Sense are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
I use WeatherRadar which overlays on top of the Manila weather tab. Here's a link to one of my posts where all needed files are attached and directions are given on installation:

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Just go to mobile.wundergroundweather.com & type in your zipcode.

Their forecasts are super accurate & include radar.

John
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I was tracking some nasty stuff coming through my area yesterday and you can set it to loop, etc.
Ya I wish I had it the last 2 days. lost power for 5 hours the other day. thought for sure they were going to open the EOC last night but it ended up being minor. stay safe to the south and as long as Delcarmen stays off the mound I think we'll be ok brother
Old 06-07-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post

This looks very very interesting. I am currently on Sprint Lovers 6.5.x latest ROM. Just installed it and it works fine so far. still looking for a radar loop though. I don't think this has it but its a very nice program.

Last edited by pmeunier; 06-07-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: installed and working
Old 06-07-2010, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

weather panel running in a 2nd today screen works well also.

~John
Old 06-07-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
GPS WeatherRadar is available in Marketplace...and incredibly enough its still free.
I can't find it in the marketplace. if you have the cab can you post it up so I can try it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2