PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

schick79 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to relock Security

My screen has officially broken, so I'm getting ready to send it back for warranty replacement. I flashed a stock radio, flashed a stock rom, and ran the relocker. Everything seems to be working fine, except when I enter the bootloader it still says SECURITY UNLOCKED.

Do I need to worry about that and relock it?

Is there anything else I need to relock or check?

Note: This is for a Verizon Touch Pro 2 in the US. I had unlocked just about everything to be able to run custom roms and radios.

Thanks much!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Re: How to relock Security

I'm pretty sure that's normal, i did that when i had to take mine back to sprint and they never said anything about it.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by schick79 View Post
My screen has officially broken, so I'm getting ready to send it back for warranty replacement. I flashed a stock radio, flashed a stock rom, and ran the relocker. Everything seems to be working fine, except when I enter the bootloader it still says SECURITY UNLOCKED.

Do I need to worry about that and relock it?

Is there anything else I need to relock or check?

Note: This is for a Verizon Touch Pro 2 in the US. I had unlocked just about everything to be able to run custom roms and radios.

Thanks much!
Sounds like you have done about everything thing that you can you should be good to go.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

you should always security relock the tp2 before sending it in. that way it's back to factory state. here is the relocker http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...12&postcount=2
Old 06-06-2010, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you should always security relock the tp2 before sending it in. that way it's back to factory state. here is the relocker http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...12&postcount=2
Beautiful! Thanks so much!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

you're welcome man. for future reference, the verizon tp2 only requires hspl to unlock for flashing custom roms and radios. If you want to sim unlock so that you can use US or overseas gsm carriers, all you have to do is call verizon and they'll give you the sim unlock code for free. just tell that that you are going to travel abroad, and they'll hand it over.

Last edited by razorloves; 06-06-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
you're welcome man. for future reference, the verizon tp2 only requires hspl to unlock for flashing custom roms and radios. If you want to sim unlock so that you can use US or overseas gsm carriers, all you have to do is call verizon and they'll give you the sim unlock code for free. just tell that that you are going to travel abroad, and they'll hand it over.
Really? I thought security unlocking was what made flashing radios possible... I know I didn't unlock security at first, and the first time I tried to flash a new radio it locked up and I thought I bricked my phone. I ended up figuring out I could manually put the phone back into bootloader and I flashed a stock radio and got out of it. Went back and unlocked security and then I could flash the new radios.

Or am I confusing sim and security? Hell, I'm just confused... LOL Hard to remember what I did without being in the unlocker itself. I may just leave radios alone and only flash the rom when I get my replacement.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schick79 View Post
Really? I thought security unlocking was what made flashing radios possible... I know I didn't unlock security at first, and the first time I tried to flash a new radio it locked up and I thought I bricked my phone. I ended up figuring out I could manually put the phone back into bootloader and I flashed a stock radio and got out of it. Went back and unlocked security and then I could flash the new radios.

Or am I confusing sim and security? Hell, I'm just confused... LOL Hard to remember what I did without being in the unlocker itself. I may just leave radios alone and only flash the rom when I get my replacement.
security unlock is for flashing unlocked radios for using US gsm. this is NOT required on the verizon tp2 because verizon did not lock us out like sprint did. if you want to flash the normal radios, located here, you only have to be hardspl unlocked.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
security unlock is for flashing unlocked radios for using US gsm. this is NOT required on the verizon tp2 because verizon did not lock us out like sprint did. if you want to flash the normal radios, located here, you only have to be hardspl unlocked.
Oh well, there's $40 or so I wasted... LOL

I guess that settles it then. Will use HSPL only and stick with the latest radio in that thread.

Again, thanks much!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

here's a thread with details on sim unlocking the verizon tp2 to work on any gsm carrier, for FREE.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91599

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2