PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Unknown

Demonis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First time flashing TP2!

Okay, I've been lurking, reading about the forums, gathering info on what tools I need and such. I am working on it. Let's backup first, start at the beginning...

Two weeks ago, my TP2 crashed on me, not sure what happened. TouchFLO just stopped loading up after a reboot. So, I hard reset, but forgot to save my contacts. PITA it was, but I got over it...

So, I have my eye on BigMaxSense ROM. Which I am currently downloading, and reading through the thread post for ideas on what to expect. I guess, my ultimate question in this thread is, are there any important, or suggested tools you guys can recommend me that may not be obvious or posted up in the threads?

I'm on a stock Winmo6.1 Sprint rom currently, I downloaded both the stock rom, and the 6.5 rom (sprint also) for backup incase something goes wrong. So I should have reverting covered.

Just looking for tips here for a noob flasher! (Hurr, that sounds pervy)

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: First time flashing TP2!

Tip #1 for flashing: Show all of your private parts. Tip #2: Stop showing all body parts.

Seems like you have all your ducks lined in a row...I would suggest backing up your contacts with Microsoft Myphone (it does txt, pictures, video, note etc as well). Beyond that flash away!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

My best Tip is don't be afraid of the search button, everyone really does there own thing. once you get it installed, you will find things that you want to change tweak. just take your time to search for your needs. Google works wonders for finding things too.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

PM me if you need a good backup program similar to Ghost in your PC.

~John
Old 06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

unclep23 is a n00b

I flashed my phone for the first time last week . It went great, you have a few guys that will help you if you need it. I went with Might Mike no problems what so ever... Thanks to Wesley and Fishmedic got my phone workin tip top shape and my wifes upset now she wants to upgrade...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

Have you unlocked yet? you'll need to prior to flashing a custom rom.

I too, have been looking at 'bigmaxsense' rom. It looks awesome....or possibly beyond awesome. However, and I am glad I waited, there seem to be some serious bugs that need to be worked out. For this reason, I would not recommend your first flash to this, being a 'buggy' one.

If you want a highly customizable rom, packed with very tasty tidbits, and huge stability, go with Mighty's SE rom. At least for your first, then play around if you want, but it is fast, customizable, and stable. Stable is really what you want to get your feet wet.

the things you want to look for to research are:

stable
customizable
task 29 (read, then re-read)
cookie's home tab

Anyway, above all, have fun and listen to the pro's (that's definitely not me-I'm just giving you my .02 worth - well 1/2 cent after taxes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonis View Post
Okay, I've been lurking, reading about the forums, gathering info on what tools I need and such. I am working on it. Let's backup first, start at the beginning...

Two weeks ago, my TP2 crashed on me, not sure what happened. TouchFLO just stopped loading up after a reboot. So, I hard reset, but forgot to save my contacts. PITA it was, but I got over it...

So, I have my eye on BigMaxSense ROM. Which I am currently downloading, and reading through the thread post for ideas on what to expect. I guess, my ultimate question in this thread is, are there any important, or suggested tools you guys can recommend me that may not be obvious or posted up in the threads?

I'm on a stock Winmo6.1 Sprint rom currently, I downloaded both the stock rom, and the 6.5 rom (sprint also) for backup incase something goes wrong. So I should have reverting covered.

Just looking for tips here for a noob flasher! (Hurr, that sounds pervy)

Thanks in advance!

--Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepink View Post
Have you unlocked yet? you'll need to prior to flashing a custom rom.

Anyway, above all, have fun and listen to the pro's (that's definitely not me-I'm just giving you my .02 worth - well 1/2 cent after taxes)
ROFL!!! You still have a 1/2 cent?!?!?! Lucky...

But seriously... +1 on the unlocker. Seems to be the #1 thing taht most ppl forget when they try to flash. The unlocker threrad is HERE

I will also recommend MightysROMs. I've been flashing MightyROMs since the TP1 days, and theyve always been rock solid stable. Hid thread is HERE

And the best thing you can do is read, read, read, and then after you've read, use the "Search" function. If you still can't find it, then post up and someone will be more than willing to help out!!!

Happy flashing!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=Kliptik;1792685]ROFL!!! You still have a 1/2 cent?!?!?! Lucky...

Yeah, I have a LOT of tax write offs.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

i flash mighty rom on my recently acq tp2. got 100 more mb free space. great so far. first custom rom flash for me too.

wonder if i should flash my tp1. whats the chance that a custom 6.5 rom would fix gps problem on my old tp1? any opinion?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would also reccomend asking if you have any questions whatsoever. Flashing custom rom's is kind of like tattooing, piercings, drugs, ect. highly addicting. I honestly cannot go more than 2 days without trying out another rom. I am currently using the ENERGY Max Sense ( you have to click on his Sense 2.5 download link and choose the one from 6-3 that says max sense) and i have gone back and forward between it and the BigMaxSense rom the last few days.

i would reccomend before you go to a different rom, use Task29 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...96&postcount=9) to clear out all the data on the phone.

honestly, have fun and try every rom you can. how will you know what you like if you dont try your options out?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2