PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Found Opera 9.7 favorites!....way too obvious

After spending some time searching the the forums for info on where the opera 9.7 favorites moved to I decided to hunt them up myself. Turns out they are in a called \Windows\Favorites. Could it have been any more obvious.

What's even better is that they are standard .url links, just like what you would put on your windows PC desktop. That means that you can drag favorites right from your PC desktop to your phone's \Windows\Favorites directory using Activesync or mobile device center.

I was able to just drag bookmarks right from Firefox to the desktop and then into my phone.
You can also back up your shortcuts by just backing up the \windows\favorites directory.

edit: This is also the directory that IE uses. That means that bookmarks appear in both browsers. Good idea!

I found this in windows 6.5.5 using Vin's Plutonium build. I would expect this structure would be the same in all the Opera 9.7 builds. Let me know if this doesn't apply to other roms.

Last edited by kirstein; 06-03-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: more info
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Found Opera 9.7 favorites!....way too obvious

Actually I believe they are stored in Windows/opera9/profile/opera6.adr also.
And your passwords are stored in windows/opera9/profile/secure/wand.dat.
They may have been put in the windows/favorites folder due to some backup program you may have run.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Actually I believe they are stored in Windows/opera9/profile/opera6.adr also.
And your passwords are stored in windows/opera9/profile/secure/wand.dat.
They may have been put in the windows/favorites folder due to some backup program you may have run.
I know the opera6.adr file was used in 9.5, but I added bookmarks to the phone and they didn't show up in that file. It may be a vestige of 9.5. However, any links I manually added to the windows\favorites directory immediately showed up in my favorites list on the phone. if you back up that directory you will back up your favorites.

Edit: I just renamed the opera6.adr file on my phone, soft reset, and all my favorites still appear. I think that file is a leftover from the 9.5 days.

Last edited by kirstein; 06-03-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Yea, your right. I just checked it out. Sorry for the wrong info. I am so used to using MyPhone to auto backup my favorites I guess I havent used that method in a bit. Anyways, nice find!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

myphone is the best way imo to backup.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I didn't know you could just drag and drop from the PC browser, im still using 9.5 and edit the .adr file manually, which is more work than drag and drop /thanked and will test 9.7 a bit more now
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
I didn't know you could just drag and drop from the PC browser, im still using 9.5 and edit the .adr file manually, which is more work than drag and drop /thanked and will test 9.7 a bit more now
I'm sure drag and drop wasn't the intended way to do it, but if you can open up your phone's\Windows\Favorites directory on your desktop (it may take a minute to actually open) you can drop any .url link into it. I dragged a bunch of links from my firefox bookmarks tab to the desktop which turned them into shortcuts. Then I dragged them into the phones window.

since i use Sashimi to reinstall stuff after a flash I'm now able to restore the shortcuts by putting a copy of the \windows\Favorites directory in Sashimi Auto\root.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2