PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can you put insurance when buying someones SERO plan and phone?

Have a quick question - was wondering if anyone knows can the new person buying your phone and plan put insurance on the phone when you do the transfer of liability?

I don't have insurance on my TP2 right now, the guy buying it wants to know if he can get it insured before we do it.

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

salvamag is a n00b
Re: Can you put insurance when buying someones SERO plan and phone?

I believe it's only when you buy a new phone
Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokestudent12 View Post
Have a quick question - was wondering if anyone knows can the new person buying your phone and plan put insurance on the phone when you do the transfer of liability?

I don't have insurance on my TP2 right now, the guy buying it wants to know if he can get it insured before we do it.

Thanks.
You can call Sprint to see if there's a difference with SERO but typically you can add insurance at any time you activate a phone, new or used.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can personally attest that insurance can be added any time you change your phone. For example i didnt have insurance but last week my TP2 started getting that damn oil slick thing under the screen so i switched it out with my old mogul which i had lying around and added insurance (you do it all online) 30 minutes later i switched out the mogul for my TP2 and the next day went to a sprint store to have it fixed.

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
I can personally attest that insurance can be added any time you change your phone. For example i didnt have insurance but last week my TP2 started getting that damn oil slick thing under the screen so i switched it out with my old mogul which i had lying around and added insurance (you do it all online) 30 minutes later i switched out the mogul for my TP2 and the next day went to a sprint store to have it fixed.
WOW, stumbled on this thread but that is great advice. I have two phones, one that I never use and the other that I do...But I hate paying for the insurance lol. Let the ethical lines be crossed! haha
Old 06-03-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you'll only be able to add the insurance if you request it within the first 30 days of activating a phone on the account. if you've had the your current phone on that plan for more than 30 days, you will not be able to add it on before doing any of the transfers. new or used...doesn't really matter. i've switched phones on my account before and i've always asked regarding the insurance...the rep would always tell me to make sure to add it before the 30 days is up. and the phone i switched to was a back up phone i've been keeping around.

but when you do transfer the account to your friend's name, when he activates a phone on the account, he'll be able to add the insurance as well..

or you can do the old switcharoo online that was mentioned above.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2