PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Slevin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro 2, Custom ROM GSM not available via Network Services

I've got a sprint TP2. I've purchased and applied the SIM unlock so I can use my t-mobile sim in the phone (my iphone died, and it's my primary line). I've currently got BigMaxSenseROM-23563-Sprint-5-30-STOCK on my phone. When I go to phone, options, network to select GSM...it's not available. The only choice there is CDMA only! Is this a ROM issue or some other issue I don't know how to fix. Please, I tried a quick search, but I"m looking to get this working as my primary line is down currently. Thanks for any assistance.

Slevin
Old 06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2, Custom ROM GSM not available via Network Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
I've got a sprint TP2. I've purchased and applied the SIM unlock so I can use my t-mobile sim in the phone (my iphone died, and it's my primary line). I've currently got BigMaxSenseROM-23563-Sprint-5-30-STOCK on my phone. When I go to phone, options, network to select GSM...it's not available. The only choice there is CDMA only! Is this a ROM issue or some other issue I don't know how to fix. Please, I tried a quick search, but I"m looking to get this working as my primary line is down currently. Thanks for any assistance.

Slevin
If GSM worked before flash,then its a ROM issue
Old 06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b

It didn't work before...I had the stock sprint ROM but recently upgraded to BigMax or Cookie, tired a few....and today I decided to SIM Unlock my phone, and I just don't have the GSM available in Network....I'm not sure if it's a ROM or not? I'm not sure if the ROM's have both CDMA and GSM or if it's a reg setting, or if I possibly loaded an older rom like my co-worker has on his TP2 to get the GSM available in Network??? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Slevin
Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

wrong forum, ask in maxsense thread.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
It didn't work before...I had the stock sprint ROM but recently upgraded to BigMax or Cookie, tired a few....and today I decided to SIM Unlock my phone, and I just don't have the GSM available in Network....I'm not sure if it's a ROM or not? I'm not sure if the ROM's have both CDMA and GSM or if it's a reg setting, or if I possibly loaded an older rom like my co-worker has on his TP2 to get the GSM available in Network??? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Slevin
coulb be phone issue.
sim should be recognized on any rom,including shipped
Old 06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

moved to pro2 general as this is not a rom, kitchen, or radio.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b

i cant narrow it down to a ROM issue or not....before i SIM unlocked my phone I never checked to see if GSM was available as a choice, there was no need to since i was using sprint. Now I'm not sure, I've tried a few different ROM's and all have the same. The only thing I've done, which wasnt on my phone was look at my co-workkers sprint tp2, hes got a calkulin ROM on and has GSM available as a choice, but his phone is not SIM unlocked. I'm going to try and load an older ROM ive run before and see what is available, any other thoughts if that doesnt work? thanks.

Slevin
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b

Resolved....Loaded the Stock Sprint 6.5 Release, flashed the 2.32.00WU radio and was able to enter phone, options, network, and select GSM and manually select T-Mobile. Sucessfully have my TP2 on T-Mobile now.

My only question now is how do I know what ROM's I can use...I'm not certain it is a ROM issue, but I really would like to use something other than the Sprint 6.5 release. Anybody have SIM Unlock with a custom ROM? Thanks.

Slevin
Old 06-02-2010, 09:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

xjack is becoming a great contributor

The only real way to find out is to ask in each ROM cook's thread, or go Trial and Error.

There are quite a few ROMs out right now which are built off of the Sprint 6.5 ROM, so I would think you can find what you need rather easily.

FWIW, the current MightyROM release has the CDMA Only, GSM/UTS Only, and Global settings working on my TP2. However, I'm not SIM Unlocked and on VZW so I get no love on the GSM side - but the functionality seems to be there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2