PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5
Carrier: Verizon

jeephed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Formating SD card ??

Hey all, I'm hoping this will be a little quick question. It's kind of related to the TP2. I know when you place an unformated SD card in the phone and boot up it gives you the opertunity to format it with Fat32. If you have a Windows 7 laptop is there any way to format something with Fat32 or do I need to rely on the TP2?
Thanks guys.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Formating SD card ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephed View Post
Hey all, I'm hoping this will be a little quick question. It's kind of related to the TP2. I know when you place an unformated SD card in the phone and boot up it gives you the opertunity to format it with Fat32. If you have a Windows 7 laptop is there any way to format something with Fat32 or do I need to rely on the TP2?
Thanks guys.
I formatted mine with WIN7. There is a pull down box when you format something. Just select FAT32 and quick format.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

+1.. ihave win7 too... theres a FAT and a FAT32 choice
Old 06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jeephed is just getting started

Weird, in Win7 the only options I'm getting are NTFS, and exFat. I think the SD card is bad though, maybe that is limiting my options.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There is a program called Pocket Mechanic that can do this using your Phone.

http://www.wizcode.com/products/view...c_professional

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2