PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: about to buy an HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sun cellular

marvdmartian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Time Problem

hey guys.. i have a sprint touch pro 2, and i installed energy rom this morning.

i have this problem that wasnt present before i flashed energyrom. my previous rom was the stock sprint WM6.5 with sense 2.5.

the clock is wrong because the time zone keeps changing to GMT when i live where it's supposed to be GMT +8

here's what i noticed:

1. for example, the exact time here is 8:30am (GMT+, the phone always changes the time zone to GMT and using my local time, but the minutes are slightly off. (8:19am GMT+0) So when i change the time zone to +8, it becomes (4:19pm)

2. everytime i sync with my computer, the time corrects itself, and all i need to do on the phone is to change it to the correct time zone, and it's all fine.

3. the time becomes incorrect everytime i restart the phone, or turn flight mode off and back on.

4. when i remove the sim card and turn on the phone without the sim card, the time remains correct!

5. i concluded that it has something to do with the network. i went to settings->phone, and theres something there about time synchronization. unfortunately, i dont know why, but when i disable it on my energy rom, the time still updates.

6. i tried using the same sim card on another windows mobile device. i turned on time sync on that device, and when i restarted the device, the time became incorrect also! but on this phone, when i turn off time sync, it obliges, and the time no longer syncs to the network, unlike my touch pro 2.

7. the culprit here is the network. the phone syncs with the network's time, which is minutes early, and the time zone is set incorrectly.

why doesnt my touch pro 2 obey when i tell it not to sync time with the network?

i cant text because the time is messed up and the message gets lost in the recepient's mailbox.

i hope this gets resolved soon. i've been searching for a definite fix but i found none.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Time Problem

Did you run Task 29 (Click here for link)before flashing the ROM, and did you wipe the device after?

This combination prevents any weird unwanted issues from popping up. I have flashed many Energy ROMS and have never had any issues with time zones changing after I set it manually.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

marvdmartian is a n00b

nope i didnt.. but i plan to.. just to make everything fresh..

anyway.. i found a fix for it! i guess this is what many people around the forum are looking for. for some reason, the time synchronization setting in settings-phone doesnt seem to work.. i dont know why.. so i edited it through the registry..

go here:
HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL

and anything that says time sync or time zone sync, i changed it to 0. all is well now. and i'm so happy i found a fix myself.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i turned off all the gps settings on my phone
set the time and let it rest and keep these settings
i soft reset and it still stayed at the same time
i then turned back on all the gps settings and that seemed to fix it
my time was changing every hour when my weather would update. this fixed it.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

marvdmartian is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
i turned off all the gps settings on my phone
set the time and let it rest and keep these settings
i soft reset and it still stayed at the same time
i then turned back on all the gps settings and that seemed to fix it
my time was changing every hour when my weather would update. this fixed it.
i've also encountered something like that before. it had something to do with a-gps.
if using cell tower triangulation, it tells me im in a city next to where i really am. it doesnt affect the time, but it does affect the location and weather.
when connected to a wifi router, it tells me im in san diego, when i'm really in the philippines. the router did come from san diego. i've researched, and a certain company has marked this specific router to be in san diego, and that's why. i turned off agps, and it's all good.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bndfishing is just getting started

Not uncommon and a bug in the "my location" set a location to a city in your time zone and quit using my location

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2