PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: galaxy s5, iPhone 6s plus 64
Carrier: AT&T

great2c4me is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
remove animated weather on 6.5

I've hardset my tp2 [6.5] - on it, I knew that setting up the animated weather hogs up all the memory and makes my phone freeze up so that I have to reboot and can't run any other programs.
I thought I might've been able to view the weather without setting it up on my home screen - well, I was wrong. now it's set up and it's doing just that... freezing up and not running.
how do I back it up, as if I never made that choice...
Shoot, am I the only one having this problem?
P.S. I've been searching thread after thread... I couldn't find anything.
thanks in advance.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: remove animated weather on 6.5

Here is a simple way to kill the weather animation. Go to Menu/Home Wallpaper/Animated Wallpaper and select a picture you know is not animated (picture from camera, whatever). No more weather animation!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

back up to...? 6.1? or remove the weather from your Home tab?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

if you install cookie home tab and editor, you can toggle off weather animation..

however ive always had weather animation on..and i never freeze or have issues with it
Old 05-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
if you install cookie home tab and editor, you can toggle off weather animation..

however ive always had weather animation on..and i never freeze or have issues with it
+1 on this, Installed CHT, and CHT editor. Runs like a champ for me.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
back up to...? 6.1? or remove the weather from your Home tab?
6.5 is supposed to be better than 6.1, however there's a lot of stuff that demands the memory -
I'm liking 6.5 a little more since I've been on ppcgeeks.
to answer your question, just undo the did that I done this morning. I don't want to hard set it again to...
I'll keep reading.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
+1 on this, Installed CHT, and CHT editor. Runs like a champ for me.
I'm searching... but do you have a link to download?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by great2c4me View Post
to answer your question, just undo the did that I done this morning.
HUH??
Old 05-30-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:

you have a link to download? thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
HUH??
haha
well if you're serious... this morning I checked the weather, thinking that it wouldn't set the animation on my home screen. but it did. and now, that's why I'm searching for a fix because it just freezed up, and now it's running slow with that animation.
... well, go figure... every time I wake my phone up, it loads up that animation. so running that with anything else I want to do... so it runs slower.
maybe I have a bad hand set.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2