PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thestick00
Best Task Manager/PSSHUTDOWN

I am looking for the best task manager currrently out. Currently I am using the default one HTC task manager, but I recall on some other roms I had tried in the past (currently on mighty mike) that other task managers were utilized and could quickly kill runnning apps and could be launched easily from the today screen. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know what the most recent psshutdown is (app that can set phone to sleep , shutdown or restart)?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Best Task Manager/PSSHUTDOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
I am looking for the best task manager currrently out. Currently I am using the default one HTC task manager, but I recall on some other roms I had tried in the past (currently on mighty mike) that other task managers were utilized and could quickly kill runnning apps and could be launched easily from the today screen. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know what the most recent psshutdown is (app that can set phone to sleep , shutdown or restart)?

Thanks in advance guys.
Dotfred task manager imo.....but from the today screen I really like Arkswitch...
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work

I like the Resco task manager. It comes with Resco File Explorer, so it's not free, but I like Resco's stuff enough to pay.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:49 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I discovered and settled for Handyswitcher 3.1 from DinarSoft (PAID)AFTER USING all others incuding Arksoft,it has today screen, minimize,kill all, and the whole 9
here is the link,
http://www.dinarsoft.com/handyswitcher/
Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

XPsshutdown is a good app -- sound like you may already use it.
I also like slide2shutdown. It offers sliders for reset, standby, and shutdown and there's an install cab that will map to the power button.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

I think i will try Arkswitch. I need to find both Arkswitch and xpshutdown. The hunt is on. Thanks guys.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You should also give wktask a shot. It works exactly like the windows task manager (with your programs showing up as icons on the taskbar). You can tap them to switch between them, and you can also hold tap to close or close all, etc.

I've been using it for a pretty long time. You can find it in the favorite cabs sticky on this forum.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Personally, I like DotFreds task manager (FDC Task Man) the best. It can show all running processes (kill, refresh ,threads in use, mem usage), cpu usage per process (like XP task manager), windows open (goto window, close window), full blown registry editor, full services listing (start/stop, set to auto/manual start), Ip & ping utility plus more stuff. Best of all, it's free.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:10 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

still running quickmenu 2.8, dotfred, and gsfinder+
Old 05-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

I like arkswitch and mmtaskmanager.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2