PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sykosoft is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
REQ: Manilla Start Menu from Sprint WM 6.1 on WM 6.5

I've looked around (google searched, here, tried a few cabs, nothing so far), and would like to use the start menu which was on the Sprint Stock 6.1 cab (it wasn't a start menu so much as a program launcher in rows/columns). I do not like the "honeycomb" 6.5 menu nearly as much. Is there a cab for this, or a registry edit? Is it possible with Sense 2.5?

Michael
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: REQ: Manilla Start Menu from Sprint WM 6.1 on WM 6.5

The start menu we see in WinMo 6.5 has nothing to do w/ HTC Sense. Even if you turn Sense completely off you would still have the new style start menu. What you need to look for is a 3rd party program, like QuickMenu, which gives you more of an old style, drop down start menu.

I've used QuickMenu in the past and it's actually quite nice.

Edit: Just re-read and I see you're looking for more of a row/column type of program list, not so much the drop-down style start menu - I don't think there's a way to get that back, as far as I know. The 6.5 style is the staggered columns style.

Last edited by abrigham; 05-27-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i believe he want's someone to port the Manila 2.0(Pre Sense Manila) Program Launcher to a Sense 6.5 ROM. In a way that the Manila Start Menu overrides the stock 6.5 Honeycomb launcher

In which case I've seen people ask, but no manila masters have ported this option as far as i know, since HTC stopped developing that feature for Sense on 6.5 we don't have a base to mod to other devices except the 6.1 made interface.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

squarerootz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to squarerootz

Here's the thread to the prog I'm using right now cause I'm not a fan of the "Honeycomb" look either. It called "Awesome Start" and is probably the closest thing to what you are looking for right now.

Also been using JSPA Program Manager in combination with it to tidy up the start menu.

I just wish there were a way to export the changes from both when ever I hard reset.

Last edited by squarerootz; 05-27-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

coolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey i got it working in my kickslide rom series. i could make a cab if need be
Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor

Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623819

In post #2, theres a cab for just the start menu (non-Manilla TV) that I installed that works without any problem for me. Just FYI, I'm running MightyRom 6.5.2012. This way, when you click the start button in the top L corner, you get a start menu that looks a lot like the programs tab from 6.1. And, just so you know, the windows hard key will still take you to the old start menu with the honeycomb/folders/etc. This cab only affects the top left start softkey

Hope that helps - I had to search long and hard to find this, but I'm super happy that I found it because it was exactly what I was looking for. Alternatively, there are a lot of cabs out there that will take the honeycomb start menu and make it into a vertical list with the folders (see post #1 of the favorite cabs sticky)

Last edited by snowmaiden11; 05-27-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

here is what I am using, it gives you a list view (not columns) but it is still better than the honeycomb crap. I have folders, so there aren't a bunch of programs to scroll through.
DHListView takes away the honeycomb and gives you a full list instead.
The Icon changer cab allows you to change the order of your programs under the start menu.
Attached Files
File Type: cab DH ListViewStartMenuWVGA.cab (81.5 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab JWMDIconChanger_v2.7c.CAB (578.5 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
here is what I am using, it gives you a list view (not columns) but it is still better than the honeycomb crap. I have folders, so there aren't a bunch of programs to scroll through.
DHListView takes away the honeycomb and gives you a full list instead.
The Icon changer cab allows you to change the order of your programs under the start menu.
Off-topic, but nice setup! Where'd you get the taskbar?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Off-topic, but nice setup! Where'd you get the taskbar?
tacchan23 over at xda:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624874
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

that looks like a menu from those feature phones

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2